“Best Family Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Best Family Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We visit Jekyll Island this year and was not disappointed by no means. We choice to stay at Days Inn which was clean and great as always. I would like to say all their employees are nice.
They have contiental breakfast which was good. Their pools are the best they have two large pools which are always clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone because if you enjoy where where you are staying it makes trip better. Lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: We always like the bottom floor suites because easy access to beach and pools. They have two doors o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Fayetteville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

One of the best vacations I've had in years. First time staying at days inn and couldn't be happier. Yes I could pick and find things that wasn't five star, but knew it was an older hotel when I booked there. The stay was great and my suite was beautiful and loved my private balcony overlooking the pool that I spent a lot of time on when I was at the room. My room service staff and hotel staff where 5 star to myself and family. They all were very friendly and a joy to talk to and joke with. Rose, front office manager is always a ray of sunshine. Such a beautiful person, but not to take away from the other girls who were always a blast. Breakfast was absolutely thumbs up every morning. Cheese omelets, donuts, bagels, toast, oatmeal, juices, etc. etc. and much more, all included with the stay. Very easy access straight to the beach. I really couldn't of asked for anything different that would of made a better vacation. I can't wait to go back. Thank you Days Inn. Looking forward to many stays in the future. Joe Adamson

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed here with my grandchildren. While this is an older style hotel, we found it to be just what we needed. The staff from check-in, housekeeping, breakfast, maintenance, to checkout were helpful, friendly and courteous. 2 pools--wonderful, including a hot tub and kiddie pool. Outside showers were nice. The beach was great, not crowded and we found lots of shells. The free breakfast was nice, especially when you have 4 teenagers to feed. Suggestion... Some sausage patties occasionally would have been nice as well as bananas that are less ripe... But as a whole it was good. And the view during breakfast is outstanding. If I return to jekyll Island, I would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jekyll Island B
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Not as close to the beach as it sounds. Long walk over hills and sand dunes. Sand nats were terrible. Continental breakfast, not deluxe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Wrightsville, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I went with a friend and our kids for two day trip to Jekyll. We arrived early to the island and was allowed to check in at 12:00PM. We were greeted by staff and treated well. We rented chairs and umbrella from the hotel. He was very friendly and provided set up. We spent day at beach then the pool. Pool areas were nice and hot tub as well. Room was another story. Bed was comfortable considering ...but rooms def need renovations! Breakfast needs updating as well.

Room Tip: Looked like rooms on the left side have more updated televisions etc
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I only stayed one night in Jekyll Island, Days Inn was the only place ocean side that was open. The lobby was nice, the pool/fire pit area was really nice, the continental breakfast area was incredible! The room overlooked the ocean. The staff was very nice. The room though, was just a place to lay your head, really. It was pretty basic, you could hear noise from the upstairs neighbors. It cost about $200 for a typical Days Inn room. I expected it to be nicer. it's fine if you are not planning to spend a lot of time in your room. If we went back to Jekyll with kids, we would stay there again. If we went back as a couple for longer than a day, we'll probably find a nicer room to stay in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites Oceanside Hotel? Share your experiences!