“Old but good!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn & Suites Oceanside Hotel to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Oceanside Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 S. Beachview Drive, Jekyll Island, GA 31527   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Having stayed at a number of Days Inns around the country, I expected an average hotel room with nothing special in options. We got what we expected. We stayed one night, on a Sunday, in the off season. The resort area was pretty barren, as expected. The hotel room was comfortable, with a queen size bed, a large TV, on the second floor (Rm 272) overlooking the ocean. The room was clean, not particularly spacious, with a sink in the room and a separate bathroom and shower/tub, a microwave, and a fridge. All worked. The night was cool so we turned on the heat. The thermostat on the HVAC unit didn't work. So, we either had too much heat or none at all since we had to turn it off manually to avoid sweltering. And, the unit was particularly noisy. There are no elevators so be prepared to carry suitcases up two flights of stairs. The breakfast was good with all the elements of hot or cold items (all were the prepackaged and heated variety) -- but very adequate.

We had medicine with us that had to be maintained in a refrigerated state. While we had no problem with the fridge overnight, we were carrying frozen gel packs and a cooler to maintain cool termperatures during the day while we drove. I asked the front desk if they could put the Gelpaks in their freezer overnight, but they told us the housekeeping personnel had left for the day, locked up everything, and they couldn't get into any freezer (it was 3pm in the afternoon). As it turned out, we were able to satisfy our needs with the room fridge, but I felt the front desk could have been more helpful. All in all, the hotel was OK but I don't think we would return in the future.

Room Tip: First floor rooms cannot view the ocean since high sand dunes block the view. No parking available...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DIJkylMgmTeam, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Oceanside Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your honest feedback and do hope that you will give us a try on your next visit to our beautiful island.
Kershaw, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Pulling into the Days Inn parking lot, I really had low expectations. It looked like every motel I'd ever seen. I'm not a fan of easily accessible doors and windows facing an open parking lot. Phobias aside, this was a pleasant stay.

We only stayed for one night, and there was a minor scare before going to bed when I killed a small spider that was crawling on one of my pillows. I was actually way too tired to care anymore after that point, so I slept on the bed anyway. Nothing crawled into my ears, and I didn't wake up with anything on me. As far as I'm aware, that was the only bug in the room.

Our reservation called for us to have a different room, but the original room was torn apart due to repairs and renovations. The man at the front desk kindly gave my father another key to the adjacent room, so that was a very minor mishap and nothing to complain about since we didn't have to experience the other room which obviously would've been terrible since we'd all be sleeping on the floor.

The room we ultimately got was big, and the view of the ocean was spectacular, especially in the morning while eating breakfast. The sun hit the water perfectly, and there was nothing on the beach (people or litter) at all. It was just a great view. The breakfast bar itself was pretty average, but it was complimentary. I can't complain.

I definitely would've stayed here another night if we weren't so set on returning home the next day. I'd say it was well worth the money spent on the six people sleeping there at the time. For the record, I really liked the massaging shower head.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ingleside, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed at the Days Inn not expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised. The room has an excellent view and was very clean. The breakfast was very good. This is the perfect place to stay a day or two while on Jekyll Island. We love to ride our tandem from the hotel. This island is made for biking.

Room Tip: Second floor has a better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites Oceanside Hotel? Share your experiences!