“not bad for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Jekyll Island
JACKSONVILLE
“not bad for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

called the day we wanted to arrive and got a room. Not an Oceanside view, but it was okay. We have spend many a night in Disney resorts and not as comfortable as these beds were, I wanted to take them home. The air in our room stayed on all night; unlike some hotels where the air goes up around 2 am and it gets hot. The breakfast buffet was worth the price. It was a little bit of a walk to the pool as we were in building 700 and to breakfast the next morning, a good stretch of the legs. Looking forwards to coming back in September.

Room Tip: Oceanside is a bit more expense, but well worth the view. I have stayed here years ago and there is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
OISGM, General Manager at Oceanside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear CAROL B:

Thank you so much for your comments about your recent stay here at Oceanside Inn and Suites! It means so much that you took the time to let us know all that you enjoyed while staying here. I always get the nicest comments about our comfortable beds and cold a/c....those two things are very important when you're at the beach! It's also great to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet at The SandBar and Grill. We hope you'll be back to see us again soon!

Truly,

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Saint Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Took our 2 kids - our options seemed to be hotels like this or Jekyll island inn and club - which seemed pricey but now I know - it must be worth it! Location is fine... Pool is gross... Rooms are like the worst rooms like they could be rented by he hour. Full size beds, no remote, no washclothes... Just icky, small, and no frills at all! Spend the extra money and go to the nicer place! Yuck!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear dpp74:

Greetings from Oceanside Inn and Suites! I really hate to read of your disappointment with your recent stay here on beautiful Jekyll Island. I am unsure why your room did not have a tv remote control or wash cloths and I plan on getting to the bottom of it ASAP. All of our rooms either have (2) double beds or a king size bed in the room and I'm sorry that configuration did not work for you. We have lots of families that enjoy our Oceanfront Superior and Oceanfront Efficiencies, which are both over-sized guestrooms and others that prefer to get 2 adjoining standard rooms. Glad you enjoyed our wonderful location on Jekyll....it's the best on the island!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This was really a disappointment! We stayed for a wedding, and paid overprice. The room wasn't clean, it smelled, the rugs were very stained, the toilet didn't really work, and everything in the bathroom was rusty. Really disappointing. We borrowed a volleyball at the front desk, only to find out that they charged 16$ for it, without letting us know in advance.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rasmus S:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Oceanside Inn and Suites. I'm shocked to read of our shortcomings and only wish that we had been made aware of the issues during your stay. Please know that these types of things are unacceptable. We do check-out volleyballs from the front desk to our guests and once the volleyball is returned the charge is removed from your account. I saw where the $15.90 charge was removed from your account on Sunday, July 14 prior to you checking out of the hotel. I hope this helps clear things up.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here from 7/6-7/8.

BAD: It's an older hotel on the beach. It was just okay. The carpet didn't meet the walls. There were carpet nails sticking out of the floor near the front door. (It felt amazing the step on! :-/) we killed around 6 wolf spiders, in our room. I'm not talking babies, either. Two huge ones, (one got away under the sofa in our room as we were leaving.) and 4 medium size. The bathtub didn't drain properly but we dealt with it. Unfortunately the water smelled like sulphur as well.

GOOD: The air conditioner worked great! The bed was very comfortable. The beach was nice and flat. The sand was compact. We were 300ft out in the water and it was still waist-deep. At night, most of the beach is under water.

In all, I don't think we will stay there again, just somewhere else on Jekyll island.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Donttouchmyapples:

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear of our shortcomings during your recent stay. I am most disturbed by the pest control issues. We have a standing contract with a very reputable pest control company and while Jekyll Island is a very natural place, we realize that pests belong outside and we like to keep it that way!

Thanks for letting us know how great the air conditioner worked and how comfortable the bed was. After a long day on the beach it makes all the difference!

Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Took a late independence day vacation with my daughter Sunday (because of work) on the spur of the moment we rode down not knowing what where or when, but Oceanside and the sandbar and grill really made our trip worth it all. Not a 10 star ritzy place but far from a dump and what made it all was the beautiful sunrise Monday morning , I will be back with more family, we felt at home . THANKS YALL ! : )

Room Tip: 606 was a great ocean view room sunrise was awesome
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear trucker2287:

I am so glad you felt at home during your recent stay at Oceanside Inn and Suites. I truly think the southern hospitality is what keeps our guests coming back year after year. Hopefully you and your daughter will come back to see us again soon!!

Truly,
Albany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel shouldn't call itself an hotel! My family spent our 4th of July vacation stay at this location. Let me be the first to tell you it was a waste of money!. it is way too expensive for the accommodations. The only thing that was worth the effort was that my three year old got to experience the beach for the first time. The next time I visit the Georgia Coasts, We will reside off the coast and visit the PUBLIC beaches. and yes you guessed it... no refunds. the attempted to appease us by giving us another room....it was no better. I rate this place a negative 5 stars.

Room Tip: Do not use this place unless you do not value you monies
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear JFWILLIAM,

Thank you so much for your candid review of your July 4th stay. How wonderful that your daughter got to experience the beach for the first time on beautiful Jekyll Island! I am very disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. July 4th Weekend is our busiest of the year so rates do tend to be a bit higher than other weekends. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Thanks,
Jason Smith

Been to Oceanside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!