We chose this hotel because they allow dogs... We stayed December 8. It's a superb location, but it's a shame the rooms are so yucky. We had to go buy bleach spray for the bathroom! I have never seen mold like that before! It was even on the ceiling!! What is so disappointing is that bleach is cheap, why dont they use it? Complete lack of detail.. if they are lazy with that, what other corners are they cutting? Also, the carpet was completely torn away from the walls, like they just threw it in (years ago, it is old too) and didn't stretch it to fit. A BIG error on their part is also the lack of good lighting outside the rooms and grounds at night. We were in rm 815 on the beach side, and at night it was so dark and dangerous. Bring a flash light! They have a little area with lounge chairs and we would have loved to sit and enjoy, but there were NO lights! Totally unsafe. So instead, we had to sit in that nasty room even though it was only 7 pm! Complaining did no good. No one seemed to care. Complete waste of money!
Just don't choose this motel and you will be fine.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
We were so disappointed to see your review here. The conditions you experienced are highly unusual and troubling at the same time. Our staff is well trained to respond to guest concerns and I trust that we properly handled the cleanliness issues, after you brought them to our attention.
We do maintain extremely low lighting on the property's oceanfront lawn in an effort to protect nesting sea turtles in the area. We're sorry that you did not see the information left in your room to that effect.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.