The unit we had was owned by an individual so the decor was selected by her. Interesting with her collection of beach like possessions. The woods around the place abound with squirrels and birds - a very natural setting. We could walk to the beach from our unit. Check in was a breeze. We should have eaten at the restaurant - called The Driftwood as we heard from someone else that the food was very good and reasonable. If you plan to go to the Villas - be sure to check it out. We had not brought food for breakfast with us so couldn't use the kitchen which was quite well equipped - had breakfast (which was good) at the golf course.
A lovely natural place to relax. It is an older property but our unit had been renovated quite nicely. Quite a different experience than staying in your normal motel...We would definitely go back there if the chance arose.
There was a playground for the kids, by the way. Lots of families were staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas by the Sea Resort is an enchanting oceanside resort and conference center on Jekyll Island, Georgia. AAA 3 Diamond Rating. Choose from one of our 160 spacious one, two, or three bedroom villas whch are individually decorated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas By The Sea Resort And Conference Center
- Villas By The Sea Hotel Jekyll Island
- Hotel By The Sea
- Resort By The Sea