Reservations was a bit of drama but after speaking with three people we where all on the same page and our room was exactly what we asked for.
Yes the rooms are outdated. Yes we saw one bug (but it was dead so not an issue for me). However, our room had everything we needed (even things we forgot to consider like pot holders, coffee, ice cream scoop) but each one could be owned by someone different. I didn't see another room so I ant attest to them.
The location isn't exactly on the beach if you are looking to go layout or have a day in the ocean for the family. It is though adjacent to driftwood beach which was the highlight of the island for me personally.
If you want a day at the beach, go somewhere else. And by that I mean Florida. Here the water is gross, we saw 3-4 ft sharks in water that didn't even come up to our knees (and I'm short!) but the worst part is the sand fleas! I have 13 bites just on one arm, after that I didn't bother to count the rest of my body.
Biking the island is cool, but rent from the mini golf place (it's cheaper).
We were in an end unit and never heard our neighbors. That was a plus.
The pool is tiny an well shaded. For a family, it's great.
Overall, if I went back to the island I would stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas by the Sea Resort is an enchanting oceanside resort and conference center on Jekyll Island, Georgia. AAA 3 Diamond Rating. Choose from one of our 160 spacious one, two, or three bedroom villas whch are individually decorated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas By The Sea Resort And Conference Center
- Villas By The Sea Hotel Jekyll Island
- Hotel By The Sea
- Resort By The Sea