We had a great time here. The tide comes up to the rock wall limiting beach time to low tides, but the kids had a wonderful time digging up conch shells, hunting sea stars and other tide pool life. The pool was clean (until the maintenance guys blew leaves into it, but the skimmers made quick work of them). There's a 2' deep pool for the little ones and 3 to 8' for the better swimmers, though the small one was much cooler in temperature. Also a small tree-shaded playground is available.
We rented a one bedroom. The sofa was a convertible. The room was clean. Books were provided and a dvd player was installed. There was a room being repaired overhead, but we hardly noticed the workers. Beach access is plentiful. Peace and quiet are a mainstay here. Nothing really negative to say. This was the 3rd time I've stayed with them. The kids did not want to leave when it came time. We didn't make use of room service as we prepared our own meals in the kitchenette. Check in/out went well. Actually booked the room just a week in advance as we had a surprise meeting in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas by the Sea Resort is an enchanting oceanside resort and conference center on Jekyll Island, Georgia. AAA 3 Diamond Rating. Choose from one of our 160 spacious one, two, or three bedroom villas whch are individually decorated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas By The Sea Hotel Jekyll Island
- Villas By The Sea Resort And Conference Center
- Hotel By The Sea
- Resort By The Sea