“Beach Wedding” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Columbus, Georgia
“Beach Wedding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at villas for the second time. Due to our first visit on the island my husband and I thought it was a great place to get married. The rooms on the ocean side were much nicer than the island side where we stayed previously which was a plus. We had three rooms. All three rooms were nice but the one with the two bedroom only had one bathroom and one of the one bedrooms only had a shower. We had a beach driftwood wedding that turned out nice. The weather was lovely with a little breeze.The photographer did a LOVELY job. I would recommend people to stay here and have a wedding in there lovely location. Just be sure for the turn down service, to have all items put away. My husband gave our daughter a ring at the ceremony. She took it off and I laid it on the dresser before we went out. Everyone was tired once we arrived back. The next morning when it was time to pack and leave we saw the ring was gone. I looked every where. I moved all the furniture, look under the bed, check the kitchen and bath. My in-laws had forgot a movie in the dvd player. I called and left house keeping messages and never got a call back. I never received my sand jar from my ceremony. I was told it was in my room. I took picture of every thing and no I didn't get it. So that was a waste of $75.00.The person that married us had the wrong names. Even though we corrected her once I received our photos we still had the wrong name on them.I also didn't like the fact that she texted me at 12:00 am a week prior. That was unprofessional to me. Overall our visit was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thanks for reviewing us. We are so happy you choose to have your wedding with us and that it was just as you had imagined it would be. I’m sorry that your ring was misplaced and could not be found. I also apologize that you were not returned the other items you forgot and left behind. Items are often forgotten when traveling and we do our best to relocate them with their owners. Please except our apology on behalf of the clergy who performed your ceremony. You should have received a professional service. Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Wintersville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I decided to drive down to Jekyll Island for 3 nights and then onward to Orlando, with my 2 teenage daughters. Got a 2 bdr villa overlooking the ocean. I already knew it wasn't standard ocean view per se with the shrubs and such. We really enjoyed our villa. It was gorgeous, clean and comfortable. While we ended up not going to FL as I went on the horseback riding tour on Jekyll Island and fell off the horse because the saddle slipped and broke my arm, the v illa itself was lovely. My kids really liked it too. Definitely a nice unwind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We decided to book on Jekyll Island after a running race in Savannah. We would return again. The reception staff was very accommodating and very friendly. Food at the lounge was plentiful and very good. The mac & cheese side was delicious.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thanks for reviewing us! We are so glad you chose to stay with us. We hope next time you will have the chance to stay longer. There are so many things to see and do on Jekyll; you really need more time to enjoy it all. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lebanon, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed here a couple of times. This year we were in unit 454. It was wonderful!! It was decorated so nice, plenty of room for all of us. I love the location of the Villas, it's so quiet and peaceful. Our son loves it and wants to stay here every time we come to Jekyll. The boardwalk is very nice. Can't say enough, we just love it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Monroe, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have a mini villa, 1 bedroom, comfortable bed, 1 bath, fairly old, another room with a TV, small cafe table, 1 recliner, only one person can sit in this room comfortably and watch TV, no TV in bedroom, any other quest are required to use the table chairs to watch TV. There is a microwave, dorm refig,coffee maker, dishes, no sink, but the dish detergent, and sponge, I guess you can use the tub for washing the dishes while you shower. The room could at least have a love seat. If you are a single guest it may be a great room, for 2 I would recommend another room. Management not to customer service oriented, does not look their guest in the eye when adressing, continues to look down while speaking. Appears not too interested in meeting the needs of their guest, will not stay here again, espically since there is a new Hampton Inn on the Island.

Room Tip: anything except a mini villa, you will be disappointed.
Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thanks for reviewing us. We were not aware of your concerns until reading your review. As you know, we promptly contacted you and offered to move you to another Villa that better suited your needs. We do offer larger rooms. You informed us that you were happy with the Villa you had. Your other concerns have also been addressed and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. Thanks for staying with us.
Palatka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Yes we stayed at the Villa before. Wouldn't stay any place else on the island.
Our one bedroom suite was beautiful. The grounds are lovely . We had a private patio to keep our recumbent trikes. We rode our bikes by all the other motels. The Villas is by far the nicest. Also it's the only one by the unbeliveable Driftwood beach. We had it all to ourselves.
Villas restaurant has the Best food on the island. The DRiftwood Bistro. Be sure and try Lynn's Squash CAsserole and famous Bread Pudding. Prices resonable. Only complaint, wish they had opened for lunch.
We hope to visit again soon. And would stay no place else.

Room Tip: We had our little dog with us. So did have to ask for a room that was dog friendly. Had a path to t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We appreciate your gracious review. Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

It is not a side view, it is a garden view. They do not pick up trash, no cleaning. Noisy, people walking over you head. There is no curtain in the bedroom, Air conditioning is noisy and leakink. Internet very poor. DO NOT GO!

Room Tip: Top floor perhaps? Rooms are small, Queen bed only!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Sir or Madame,
I believe you posted your review on the wrong property. All of our Villas have either curtains or blinds over the windows. We certainly pick up trash and clean the rooms. We do not have “side view” or “garden view” rooms. We have Islandside or Oceanside locations available. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Been to Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!