I recently stayed for a week at the Villas , needing some serious R&R. Got it ! Jekyll Island is the perfect place for it as well as the Villas by the Sea. Friendly desk help and friendly workers. I stayed after Labor Day , so for sure it was quiet. I also found the unit I stayed in to be stocked with the essentials for cooking and eating. The air conditioning was freezing cold (loved it) when needed and you're able to adjust the temp accordingly. The upkeep on the property was spot on and everyone seemed willing to give a smile or a hello.
The beach disappears with the rising tide daily, but who stays on a beach more than a few hours anyway. I found it convenient to be able to walk the small boardwalk down to the beach.
Driftwood beach is right next door and is a must see for everyone. (following the signs).
All in all I will definately stay at the Villas by the Sea again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas by the Sea Resort is an enchanting oceanside resort and conference center on Jekyll Island, Georgia. AAA 3 Diamond Rating. Choose from one of our 160 spacious one, two, or three bedroom villas whch are individually decorated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas By The Sea Hotel Jekyll Island
- Villas By The Sea Resort And Conference Center
- Hotel By The Sea
- Resort By The Sea