“Perfect Sunrise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Inverness, Florida
“Perfect Sunrise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

During a recent short weekend trip to Jekyll Island, Ga, we happened upon Villas By the Sea. We had no reservations for the weekend trip and were drawn in by the peaceful setting. The young lady at the front desk was very sweet and eager to find us an available unit. We were booked into unit 501.
What a perfect little condo.Clean, comfy and fully stocked with everything we needed which included a full-sized coffee pot with plenty creamer and sugar. After dinner we were so pleased to find a corkscrew in the drawer which enabled us to enjoy a glass of wine on the small back porch which overlooks a grassy area which was back-dropped by twisted oaks, a line of jetties and the Atlantic ocean. A perfect romantic getaway!

Room Tip: These rooms are privately owned condo units. Although the entire complex was nice, I can only tell y...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was not sure what to expect upon arrival after reading comments prior to our trip. All in all Villas by the Sea Resort is a decent place but could use a great deal of TLC. I could complain about the minor little things like not having power either on August 4th and hearing dripping noises in the bedroom closet due to the down pour of rain coming thru the roof, but it was an adventure to say the least. Villas by the Sea could be a phenomenal location if they would just dump some cash into maintenance and landscaping. Aside from that where else can you see a baby deer right in your back patio :>) , live conch shells, sand dollars, hermit crab and all the great see creatures on the sand after high tide. My Family and I made some great memories here that will last us a lifetime.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We are so glad that your family enjoyed their time with us. We have experienced abnormal rain fall and apologize for the storm that resulted in the loss of power. Family memories are priceless and we are glad to be a part of yours. Thanks for staying with us.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Being the owner of a vacation rental property, myself, I am very aware about the appearances of rental condos, the cleanliness, amenities & upkeep. I was mostly pleased with Villas by the Sea. 4 of us rented a 2 bedroom condo. Too bad there is only one bathroom, but it was very clean & well stocked w/towels. The rest of the condo was nicely decorated, well maintained & clean. I did notice a couple of burned out light bulbs in the unit (kitchen & bedroom). We had to have maintenance come treat the tub right off the bat because it would not drain. Something that the cleaning service should have definitely noticed and take care of. The kitchen could have been better stocked with pots/pans etc. for cooking. Balconies are very small. The thing that I disliked the most was the bed. Hard and the pillows were like sleeping on a brick. Bring your own pillow!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for staying with us. We take great pride in providing clean and comfortable accommodations. We appreciate you noticing our extra efforts. We have also addressed your concerns with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I cannot recommend this place enough!! My husband and I go here every chance we get even if just for a night. We have stayed in a variety of different size villas and all of them have been clean and neat. They vary greatly on amenities and personal touches but even the bare bones ones are just fine.

The only complaint I have is the staff at the front desk. They are unfriendly and unaccommodating, and I'm not sure they know how to smile. The first time I called to make a reservation we almost didn't go because of this. Don't let them deter you tho! If you can just get past the rude front desk staff and on to the rest of your vacation it is worth it!

Room Tip: Rooms by pool are a little noisy but easy if you have kids with you Oceanside villas aren't har...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
alpharetta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed in Villas By The Sea Resort Rm. #232 from August 3rd through August 6th and the overall stay was good. My biggest complaint is that on Saturday evening, August 4th, I was cooking a romantic dinner for my girlfriend (this was a get-a-way trip for us to have romantic weekend together) and all of a sudden the power goes completely out! The back-up generators tried to kick in, but to no avail. The power ended up being out for hours...finally realizing I wouldn't be able to complete the dinner I was in the middle of preparing and with no lights, etc., my girlfriend and I just called it a night and went to sleep. The next morning I called customer service to see if I good get some kind of compensation or even a comped lunch or dinner after I explained what happened the previous night...the customer service rep stated "it's nothing we can do about it, that could have happened while you were at home". I said true, it could have, but I'm not at home, I'm on vacation and I was trying to prepare a romantic meal for my girlfriend. To make a long story short, she was rude and said sorry, but it's not their problem! Yes, it's your problem if you don't make your guests' stay as pleasant as possible...(why weren't the back-up generators working properly?)
K. Motley and K. Benenate

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us. We apologize that the electricity was off for a few hours due to the lighting storm. Unfortunately we don’t have generators our buildings. We have addressed our Front Desk staff members regarding your experience and concerns. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights in Justin condo # 314. The location was ideal; literally walked out our back door a few steps to the beach and out our front door a few steps to the pool. The staff did a fabulous job of popping in to replace towels and such without us ever being in need and without ever interfering in our plans or our space. The facility decor was nice, clean, and had that touch of home. I highly recommend the on-site restaurant. Free internet access in the lobby/gift shop was a nice touch I didn't anticipate. I look forward to planning a longer visit there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Canton, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Staff was great! We had an issue with being a day off on our room reservation and they fixed it for us before we arrived. We held a brunch for about 50 in the Executive Suite and the staff went out of their way to make sure all was in order. The brunch was a huge success! Really enjoyed our stay at the Villas this year and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!