“Nice & clean unit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice & clean unit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Being the owner of a vacation rental property, myself, I am very aware about the appearances of rental condos, the cleanliness, amenities & upkeep. I was mostly pleased with Villas by the Sea. 4 of us rented a 2 bedroom condo. Too bad there is only one bathroom, but it was very clean & well stocked w/towels. The rest of the condo was nicely decorated, well maintained & clean. I did notice a couple of burned out light bulbs in the unit (kitchen & bedroom). We had to have maintenance come treat the tub right off the bat because it would not drain. Something that the cleaning service should have definitely noticed and take care of. The kitchen could have been better stocked with pots/pans etc. for cooking. Balconies are very small. The thing that I disliked the most was the bed. Hard and the pillows were like sleeping on a brick. Bring your own pillow!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. We take great pride in providing clean and comfortable accommodations. We appreciate you noticing our extra efforts. We have also addressed your concerns with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I cannot recommend this place enough!! My husband and I go here every chance we get even if just for a night. We have stayed in a variety of different size villas and all of them have been clean and neat. They vary greatly on amenities and personal touches but even the bare bones ones are just fine.

The only complaint I have is the staff at the front desk. They are unfriendly and unaccommodating, and I'm not sure they know how to smile. The first time I called to make a reservation we almost didn't go because of this. Don't let them deter you tho! If you can just get past the rude front desk staff and on to the rest of your vacation it is worth it!

Room Tip: Rooms by pool are a little noisy but easy if you have kids with you Oceanside villas aren't har...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
alpharetta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed in Villas By The Sea Resort Rm. #232 from August 3rd through August 6th and the overall stay was good. My biggest complaint is that on Saturday evening, August 4th, I was cooking a romantic dinner for my girlfriend (this was a get-a-way trip for us to have romantic weekend together) and all of a sudden the power goes completely out! The back-up generators tried to kick in, but to no avail. The power ended up being out for hours...finally realizing I wouldn't be able to complete the dinner I was in the middle of preparing and with no lights, etc., my girlfriend and I just called it a night and went to sleep. The next morning I called customer service to see if I good get some kind of compensation or even a comped lunch or dinner after I explained what happened the previous night...the customer service rep stated "it's nothing we can do about it, that could have happened while you were at home". I said true, it could have, but I'm not at home, I'm on vacation and I was trying to prepare a romantic meal for my girlfriend. To make a long story short, she was rude and said sorry, but it's not their problem! Yes, it's your problem if you don't make your guests' stay as pleasant as possible...(why weren't the back-up generators working properly?)
K. Motley and K. Benenate

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us. We apologize that the electricity was off for a few hours due to the lighting storm. Unfortunately we don’t have generators our buildings. We have addressed our Front Desk staff members regarding your experience and concerns. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights in Justin condo # 314. The location was ideal; literally walked out our back door a few steps to the beach and out our front door a few steps to the pool. The staff did a fabulous job of popping in to replace towels and such without us ever being in need and without ever interfering in our plans or our space. The facility decor was nice, clean, and had that touch of home. I highly recommend the on-site restaurant. Free internet access in the lobby/gift shop was a nice touch I didn't anticipate. I look forward to planning a longer visit there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Canton, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Staff was great! We had an issue with being a day off on our room reservation and they fixed it for us before we arrived. We held a brunch for about 50 in the Executive Suite and the staff went out of their way to make sure all was in order. The brunch was a huge success! Really enjoyed our stay at the Villas this year and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

For the two of us it was a great place to come and get away from the big city.
This was our first time at the Villas be the Sea and though everything was great.
Wish all of my check in and check out were as easy as this one. (July 11-14)
Had a two bedroom ocean view that was very clean, and had ererything that we needed.
All the staff was very helpful from check in to the ground staff.

Larry MC

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Peachtree City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Poor housekeeping-bugs in our villa every night!! Beach access only during low tide! Pool dirty. Front desk staff needs training in customer service.

Room Tip: Do not come here would be best advice
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ryan M, Director of Sales at Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We are sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Please feel free to contact me regarding your experience. I would like to further investigate your issues however I need more information.
Ryan Merritt
Director of Sales
800-841-6262 x 2

Been to Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!