“Put some South in yo mouth.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Jackson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockbridge, GA
“Put some South in yo mouth.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

If traveling on I-75 south of Atlanta, stop by the hwy 36 Jackson exit and find your way to Buckner's. You walk in, or line up out the door, and pay for your meal. Once seated, you are seated at a round table with a lazy Susan in the middle. If your party is small, you might be seated with other folks. Then the magic happens! The staff comes by and stocks the lazy Susan full of dishes steaming with delicious Southern cooking. Fried Chicken, Stewed tomatoes, Slaw, BBQ, Corn, Green Beans, Peach Cobbler, and a few I'm missing. The food is so good...If you leave hungry, it's your own fault! This place is really a great treat!

Visited September 2012

“Good Food Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We plan trips around stopping here for lunch. We found this place by accident in the early 80's and have eaten here many times. Good well seasoned food and friendly service. Lunchroom style dining no menus. Tables seat 12 people so you may have other folks to share a meal with. Food is placed on a Lazy Susan and turn until you find what you want. Great fried chicken. One of my grandchildren calls it "Old Peoples Food" because it reminds him of going to his Granny's
house.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Carrollton, Georgia
“Forget the junk food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Should you be between Atlanta and Macon, Georgia on I-75 Thursday through Sunday make a point to stop at Buckner's Family Restaurant at Exit 201, GA 36. Family style service, a large lazy susan in the table center holds the food which is excellent! A little up priced, about $15 per adult, chillun and old folks less but you leave full if you ask should the dishes get empty. Atmosphere is businesslike, you go there to eat, not to be entertained or look at artwork and you may be seated around the large round table with strangers but they are there to eat, too, and are no problem. Google them for details, menu, prices, directions, times.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Powder Springs, Georgia, United States
“Not exactly what I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

A friend told us to visit there and that the price would be about $11 each. Ended up being $15 each. Might have been higher due to the weekend. The food tasted wonderful, but was very limited. There were only two meats, maybe 4 vegetables/sides, and one dessert. Rolls were also available. It was kind of awkward to me that the attendant would come back to our table and ask if anyone wanted more chicken, or what have you. When I go to a buffet, I'm not used to people asking me if I want more. I was satisfied when I left, but not enough for $15. Probably won't go back though I love the idea of the lazy susan. Don't forget cash or check. They don't take credit or debit and I concur with a recent reviewer, we were charged $2 ATM fee to use it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ridgeway
“Yummy, Yummy, Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We ate here with two other familes and took up 2 of there large tables. The lazy susans on the table are a great touch and we decided we needed one at home. They do not accept debit cards so bring cash or check; or you can use the ATM in the lobby for a $2 fee. They are a bit pricey but the food is great.

Our service was wonderful and our bowls were brought to the table filled to the brim, several of which had to be refilled. The chicken was wonderful and mashed potatoes were amazing!

We will definately be eating here again if our travels bring us by.

• Visited October 2011