“Unaccommodating! Don't Waste Your Money!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Hinesville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Unaccommodating! Don't Waste Your Money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed at this particular hotel twice. The first time was decent--the staff was nice, rooms were comfy, etc. However the last time I stayed here (about a week ago), I was met something that was not worth $75 a night. I had requested a non-smoking room and even ASKED the front desk rep if my room was non smoking and she said yes. When I got to the room it smelled like someone had lit a carton of Newports on fire! I went to the front desk who told me again that the room was non-smoking even though I had told her the situation. My boyfriend (who is in the military) came to the room after and asked if I had been smoking (jokingly of course because I don't smoke). Front desk told me that there was nothing they could do about it. So I tried to spray the room because I didn't want to be "that customer" that complains the whole trip. The next day, we left early and I thought maybe when the room was serviced it would be cleaned. Nope. Still smelled just like someone had lit a pack of Camels and then sprayed air freshener! I called the corporate number to complain ONLY AFTER I got home and my suitcase and all of my clothes smelled like smoke BEFORE I UNPACKED!!!! The corporate rep told me that someone from the hotel would contact me. Well almost a week later no one has--of course! I work for a major marketing company and travel often. I will tell EVERY PERSON I come in contact with not to stay at these hotels. The customer service is TERRIBLE.

Room Tip: Read reviews! And do loads of research!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathrina S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hinesville, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay at our hotel. We take pride in providing great service at Country Inn & Suites, We want to ensure that our guest needs are met if possible, so it is very disappointing to hear that we were lacking in these areas during your stay. We are grateful for your feedback as it enables us to focus on the areas in which improvement is needed. If you wish to speak about this further, please contact the hotel directly at your earliest convenience.

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel looks nothing like the professional photos. Our room had a foul odor, the pullout couch had an awful stain 6 inches by 8 inches that had soaked through to the other side- we weren't sure what the brown red stain was! The room was very outdated with a terrible paint job. there was a phone right beside the toilet for some reason (on the wall). The comforter was gross and the floors needed cleaned. The staff was all very hard working. They all were friendly and helpful. The building itself needs a major overhaul. The room was so overpriced for what it was. The morning breakfast area was clean and the food was a nice touch. There was cereal, fruit, yogurt, sausage, and coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ft. hood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Country Inn Suites mainly because it was a relief to come from a long trip and be serviced well. The room was clean and tidy as expected. Breakfast was also a big improvement from many of the hotels I have attended. The food was fresh and distinctive from other hotels. One breakfast lady in particular that made us feel at ease on our stay was Miss Rose. She was a very brightening person and her advice was of good use. In conclusion our family will definitely be looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ft.benning, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our stay here was awesome !! Great service and friendly people , The room was comfortable, The housekeeping here are very good and sweet, Front desk was friendly and had a smile on her face. Breakfast here is great, The Breakfast lady greeted us with a smile and help me make food for my kids which is was very helpful, she made us laugh and my kids love her, So will i come back YES !!!! Cause when you travel you do not meet good workers and staff that love to be at work. But the staff here at Country are awesome and I love it , Keep up the good work and we will see you again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hinesville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

When I booked my room on priceline.com it says no pets allowed. Well the day after I checked in, what did I see??? A dog! There is a sign in the from lobby says $150 pet deposit. Would have not picked this hotel if I knew this. My oldest son has very sensitive skin to dogs, soaps, ext. The site also says there is a different breakfast every morning, negative. it was only different in the way it was served. The first day it was biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs and sausage patties. The second and third day it was sausage links and circle shaped eggs with biscuits and gravy. The juice machine had three different types of juice(Orange, lemonade and Apple I believe) but only one juice worked each morning. The biscuits were hard as a brick on the bottom both mornings I tried them. Did not eat breakfast on the last morning. There was a leak right outside our door the first two days and the ceiling tile looked as if it was going to burst. There was a dripping noise above our ceiling in our bathroom that was annoying. Checking in the girl at the front desk as giving me the run-a-round about checking in early(2:45), 15 mins early. She said the room was still dirty. I asked for a different room and was told ALL the rooms were dirty. She still ended up giving me a different room. She told me that they only have one cleaning lady. This is the first hotel I've stayed at in the summertime with few guests, now I see why. WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!! Whey gave a bunch of false information on the website.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hinesville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay at our hotel. We take pride in our breakfast as well as our service at Country Inn & Suites, so it is greatly disappointed to hear that we were lacking in these areas during your stay. We are grateful for your feedback as it enables us to focus on the areas in which improvement is needed. If you wish to speak about this further, please contact the hotel directly at your earliest convenience.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We got the hotel about 12:30sat am only to find that the main door was locked we had to call the hotel from our cell phone for someone to come to the door. When the guy unlocked the door he wasn't really sure how to check us in, so we had to go down the next morning and check in!!! Again the meat for the breakfast was being cooked at 12:30 am when breakfast doesn't even start till 7 am!! GROSS!?

• Stayed May 2013
Madison, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed here 3 or 4 times in the past few years while visiting my son and daughter-in-law. The staff is pleasant, the breakfast is usually good and the room is clean and comfortable. There are new people in the breakfast area now, but prior to this visit the same lady had been there and my husband liked to get up early and go visit with her. He was disappointed she was gone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hinesville? Share your experiences!