“Oddest Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Hinesville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Oddest Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I picked this hotel because of it high reviews in Hinesville where I was going to be for 6 days. The front desk person at check in was very nice but did not know how to input my reservation since I travel with the state of Georgia and get a tax exempt. She appeared to be very flustered but very nice. She apologized several times and finally asked if I could come back and pay tomorrow which was extremely nice. When I got to my room I saw that an average room. Decorated very modern which was a nice touch. When I went to the bathroom I saw dirty towels hanging over the shower rod. When I went to dinner I informed the front desk and when I returned 30 mins later they were gone. Bathroom was fairly clean, no stray hairs or anything, the only thing I didn't get was that the grout was really dirty. I thought to myself, just spray some bleach on it. Even though the bathroom was clean the dirty grout made it feel dirty. When I set up my things in the bathroom I picked up the lotion container and saw could tell it was empty. Again, kind of grossed me out but I threw it away.

One of the biggest plus to this hotel is that they have a full size bar in the hotel, I think Monday through Thursday I think. They also sell food, pizza, wings and egg rolls. The hotel will give you a coupon for a free glass of wine or beer but liquor you had to pay for. The bartender who worked on Monday and Tuesday was GREAT. Wonderful personality. Me and a co-worker ended up closing the place down, it was maybe 10:00 pm but she was willing to stay but we told her to go.

All in all would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the "real" suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lakeland, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great visit to see children and grandchildren. Stayed here at the Laquinta for a couple of days. Was a very pleasant trip. Rooms were spacy, clean beds and very comfortable, bathrooms were clean and we always had plenty towels. Couldn't go swimming the first day, due to to much chlorine in the pool, but at least it was clean. Jacuzzi was nice to. Was a great stay for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel was a stop-over en-route home to S.FL from a week in a cabin in N.Ga mtns & spontaneous side-trip to Dollywood/Gatlinburg/Smokies. Because we extended our vacation for the "side trip," our travel plans were altered and I did not have advance reservations for a hotel in Savannah for stop-over on drive home. I have AAA and didn't expect every 3 star hotel in Savannah to be booked first weekend of Aug! Internet on road kept cutting out so we couldn't make on-line reservation while driving. I finally stopped at a Comfort Stes off 95 which showed open but only had a King room when I got there. I had to use their business center computer to find a hotel. That's when I located this Hinesville La Quinta. I had no idea exactly where Hinesville was, except that it was in general proximity to Savannah south, & north of Brunswick. When we arrived, we were so impressed! This hotel was actually worth the extra drive from 95. I had 3 teenage girls who raved. The hotel is modern, recently built, chic, completely safe, very clean and had excellent staff. The beds were so comfortable everyone commented! We checked in late, around midnight. The front desk personnel were in suits. Our room had a welcome goodie bag w/bottled water and fresh baked warm cookies. One of the girls hadn't eaten much dinner and the lobby had a store w/assorted food for purchase, including stuff like frozen dinners and microwavable mac&cheese. The room was spacious for our group of 4ppl. The bathroom vanity extended full length of bathroom--perfect for girls' make up, etc. Shower/tub area was tiled, not pre-fab. The pool and hot tub are indoors, near the fitness center. I have stayed in lots of hotels. Hampton Inn & Stes and Courtyard are good. We discovered La Quinta after we adopted a little dog & became travelers with a pet. The La Quinta chain is the best pet-friendly hotel! We began staying with them even when the dog didn't come!This La Quinta is one you can refer friends to. Interior corridors and elevator and lobby bar are upscale and professional. One last remark--the lobby coffee was good! No Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts run required. There's a Panera a couple blocks west of hotel for those whose parties choose to sleep in past hotel breakfast hrs. And there's a 24hr Walmart nearby, also west of hotel, in case you need supplies etc. We stayed at a LQ in Gainesville on Fletcher on our drive up and it was a real disappointment. This LQ completely restored the LQ image and left my 3 teenage girls with the best vacation-finale memories possible! The only reason I gave it a 4 for location is because it is not a 10 min drive from 95. Kudos to La Quinta and the mngt at this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

princeton,nc,usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

staff was friendly,thats about it. cons ... stayed on 2nd floor, ist night elevator only worked from lobby, no carts, loud noise from equipment room. spa was out of order all weekend as was some exercise equipment, breakfast staff lady was polite but area was messy. would like to see no smoking at entrance . lights in room flicker for about 20 seconds then come on. looks ike recent remodel put pool needs a good cleaning. btw its not a pool its a cold water spa (trash on window sill all three day..same macdonalds cup.) ist morning stairway coverd with ice, fridge would not close

Room Tip: third floor end
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hinesville - Fort Stewart? Share your experiences!