Just spent four nights at Lake Chatuge Lodge. It was my base for exploring the area while my husband hiked on the AT. The location was very convenient. My room (2nd floor, lake view) was large, comfortable and clean. Beds were comfortable. There was a table and chair in the room (and tv, nightstand, bureau) and two chairs and small table on the balcony. Free wifi. The common area had several sofas and chairs and decorated very nicely in "mountain lodge" style complete with bearskin on the wall. There was also an area on the 2nd floor with a couple of love seats. Breakfast area had several tables and chairs and offered the usual choices. Weekends included eggs and sausages or sausage gravy and biscuits. Fruit bowls were well stocked. Coffee and other hot drinks were available at no charge all day. Also (free) freshly baked cookies. There was also an ice machine and soda vending machine on the floor. And a washer and dryer. All employees were friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the area. I do think it might be wise to check about what other events might be going on in the area. Just a "heads up" in case you don't want to deal with bicycles or motorcycles or whatever is going on. There are lots of activities in the area, which makes things interesting. Directly across the road is a county park with a lovely sandy beach, playground and very short walking trail along the water's edge. Even in late September there were people playing in the water and sunbathing. The employees are knowlegable about the area and are ready to give directions and recommendations.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada, The Lodge On Lake Chatuge Hotel
- Ramada, The Lodge On Lake Chatuge Hotel Hiawassee
- Ramada Hiawassee
- Hiawassee Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on Lake Chatuge in the North Georgia Mountains. Right next door to the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds and Anderson Music Hall--all within walking distance. We offer free breakfast, USA Today, high speed wireless internet and parking. All rooms include private balcony or patio. Views of Lake Chatuge and mountains. Conference and meeting facilities available. Restaurant on property. Catering and banquet facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Lake Chatuge Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.