We traveled to Hiawassee for the HOG rally and decided to stay at the Lake Chatuga Lodge (formerly the Ramada) where a lot of our friends were staying.
Check in was easy and painless, the staff was friendly and the lobby are was pretty nice!
The room itself was decent, though it could really use some updating. Even though we did not have the lake view, we still had some pretty nice vies of the north Georgia mountains from our balcony.
The room was a bit musty smelling and dated (it had some prints hanging on the walls that appeared to depict scenes of northern Italy!) and the bathroom was in dire need of a re-tile (some of the floor tiles were actually loose), but the room was clean.
Fresh towels were delivered daily, however they were placed on the edge of the bathtub instead of being hung. A little odd, but whatever.
And the in-room coffee was not replenished with caffeinated packs. De-caf only. The good news is that the free coffee in the lobby was actually very good and fresh, so not a big deal.
The free breakfast buffet was decent and free! No complaints there.
If you are planning on staying in HIawassee on a budget, the Lake Chatuge Lodge is a good bargain!
1) Ask for a room with a lake view if you can get it.
2) Make sure you aren't going to be there at the same time as a motorcycle rally! There were a few "un-aware" folks there who did not seem to appreciate the loud motorcycles and very late night carousing. Just saying!
- Also Known As:
- Ramada, The Lodge On Lake Chatuge Hotel
- Ramada, The Lodge On Lake Chatuge Hotel Hiawassee
- Ramada Hiawassee
- Hiawassee Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on Lake Chatuge in the North Georgia Mountains. Right next door to the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds and Anderson Music Hall--all within walking distance. We offer free breakfast, USA Today, high speed wireless internet and parking. All rooms include private balcony or patio. Views of Lake Chatuge and mountains. Conference and meeting facilities available. Restaurant on property. Catering and banquet facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Lake Chatuge Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.