“Great Experience Again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 34 restaurants in Hiawassee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Set on the shore of Lake Chatuge and overlooking The Ridges Marina, The Blue Otter offers the best in Family Friendly Casual Dining on one side and a State of the Art Sports Bar on the other side. Bring your friends and family to the lake and then enjoy a casual meal, adult beverage, and/or a sweet treat while looking at the beautiful North Georgia Mountain vistas.
Savannah, Georgia
“Great Experience Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Yep, Yep, Yep! We were visiting the Hiawassee area again and had to be sure we made it back to the Blue Otter. We did and it was great! This time we had a party of 8. Four very picky co-eds and 4 very particular grown-ups. Not one of us was disappointed. The food came out, quick, hot, and delicious and every table was occupied while we were there. Michael was our server and he did an outstanding job. He anticipated every need and was very professional yet very personable. Great Food! Great Value! Great Service! The only disappointment came with the TV - the Dawgs lost to Auburn. Keep up the great work Blue Otter! We'll be back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thanks for the great review. I am glad you came back and that once again you enjoyed your visit! We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely

64% Recommend
Cumming, Georgia
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The food was okay and the service lacked a bit but we were able to walk from the Ridges Resort so it was convenient. Not bad but not great!

Visited November 2013
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am a bit disappointed that our service and food did not wow you. That is our ultimate goal. I am not sure what transpired during your visit, but please know that your experience is not the norm. I hope the next time you stay with us you will give The Blue Otter another chance.

Young Harris, Georgia
“Could be so much cooler...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

It is a really nice place, great location but is never a great experience...
We live about a mile from this place so it has been in our regular rotation of places to go for a good while. It is really a tourist trap/bar fly place that survives because there is no competition. It is the only place to watch a game and have a beer within 15 miles. It is always something... For example, last time we went we were told about the specials, ordered a draft beer special and after I had ordered my 3rd one I was told that the Sierra Nevada I had ordered was not $4. Instead it was $6.50. Not a catastrophic issue, but just another part of another mediocre experience. Burgers are best thing on the menu. Wings are big but sauce is again... mediocre. Never terrible, never impressed. If this place was more focused on customers and creating a great experience it would be the best sports bar in North Ga.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chatsworth, Georgia
“Good Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Ignored by staff. Hamburger excellent. Muffaletta fairly poor, they forgot to put on the olive salad. Forgot to bring out my soup. Great fries.

Visited November 2013
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed the lunch and I do apologize that you felt ignored by the staff. I will ask the manager to have a meeting with the staff to re emphasize our standards for customer service.
I do hope you will dine with us the next time you are in the area!

Ellijay, Georgia
“Excellent experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We came to the blue otter for a meeting there and decided to have it there since it was new and diffirent. We had a group of 8 and we got all of our food and deserts out faster then I thought it was gonna be. Our waitress was Dora and she was very kind and got everything we needed in a timely manner. Our food was also good and the deserts were to die for. I would definitly recomend coming to the blue otter.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for deciding to hold your meeting at The Blue Otter.I am glad Dora took such good care of you. I am also glad to read you enjoyed the food. Nicole our Pastry Chef will be excited to read that you thought her desserts were to die for!! We tell her that all the time but it is good to hear from a customer!