“Take Out First Experience/Will Return” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Set on the shore of Lake Chatuge and overlooking The Ridges Marina, The Blue Otter offers the best in Family Friendly Casual Dining on one side and a State of the Art Sports Bar on the other side. Bring your friends and family to the lake and then enjoy a casual meal, adult beverage, and/or a sweet treat while looking at the beautiful North Georgia Mountain vistas.
Milton, Georgia
“Take Out First Experience/Will Return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I am new to the area and have passed by The Blue Otter on beautiful Lake Chatuge many times and have wanted to try it out. Tonight I went for the first time for a take-out dinner experience. The menu offers a variety of choices at a fair price. I ordered the buffalo chicken wrap, with cole slaw for my side. The location of the restaurant is scenic, and the inside is clean and well-styled. The meal was flavored well, and the cole slaw tasted fresh and wasn't runny like many restaurants.Two minor complaints that negatively affected my experience: 1) The meal was a little cooler temperature-wise upon pick-up than I would have preferred 2) The blue cheese dip was not put in with my wrap. Otherwise, I am satisfied customer and will return to The Blue Otter in the future to dine.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Grant,
Welcome to the area! Thanks for trying us out. Your kind words are well received. I appreciate the compliments. I will address the two concerns you had. I am not sure about the temperature issue because that can depend on a lot of factors, but you should have gotten your blue cheese dip. I appreciate your business and look forward to having you dine with us again.

Hayesville, North Carolina, United States
“Blah”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Well being on beautiful Lake Chatuge I expected much better. To start I ordered a Pina Colada...they don't have them...no Pina Coladas on the Lake! So I ordered a Lemon Drop, it arrived sloppy, all of the sugar on the rim was gone, slid down the side of the glass so my hand was very sticky, and not very chilled. I ordered the chicken wings, not much better than pizza hut..yuk and the celery was rotten! I took the celery to the kitchen manager and he was a young amateur with no skills on dealing with customers or running a kitchen! The menu does not fit with a restaurant on the lake, no shrimp to speak of and nothing really special, no steaks or seafood. Such a beautiful location with a lousy menu and subpar food I think they have no business being in the restaurant business if this is the best they can do! Don't waste your money!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for dining with us. Unfortunately I think you came expecting a fine dining establishment. Nowhere on any of our advertisements, signs, or social media sites do we claim to be a fine dining venue. Quite the opposite we advertise being a family friendly sports bar. Our menu reflects that as it is a great place to come get some great comfort food like burgers, wings pizzas and the like. If you wanted fine dining on the lake we have The Oaks Dining Room near the lodge. Based upon your other reviews it seems you do not care for any of the dining outlets you reviewed which tend to be rated high in the area on Tripadvisor. As far as your remarks about our menu and our not having any business being a restaurant I take offense to that. We work very hard to create a great environment with great food and great people. Our guests like the atmosphere and food we have. I am sorry if you did not enjoy The Blue Otter, but unless you understand the type of restaurant you are dining in maybe you do not have any business writing reviews??

Augusta, Georgia
“Incredible View by the Harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service was friendly. The drinks were delicious. Wardrobe is casual. The view of the harbor is to die for. Even our Chihuahua loved the atmosphere. The gelato is yummy. Definitely recommend the outdoor seating.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you and the rest of your party including the Chihuahua enjoyed your visit. I do hope you will dine with us again next time you are in the area.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Inexpensive and pleasant lunch experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just a gorgeous view on their dining deck of Lake Chatuge. Very reasonably priced food and all seemed freshly prepared. We had the hamburger and chicken wrap. Both were very good and the prices were wonderful. Worth another trip for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks for reviewing The Blue Otter. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Ridges and also enjoyed our outlets. Our goal at The Blue Otter was to create a relaxed fun atmosphere that incorporated the beautiful views and serve a menu that is fresh and affordable. I hope you dine again with us in the near future.

Owner
“Service has greatly improved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Disappointed when we walked through door and had a 30-minute wait and overheard hostess saying they were short staffed today which is Labor Day. Same thing happened on Fourth of July. I have to say after being seated, we were pleasantly surprised with Brenda our server . She is by far the best server we have had on the last 4 months. We are at the Blue Otter 1-2 times a week. Food was fantastic today.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
I appreciate the fact that you eat with us quite often. I am also glad you enjoyed your Labor Day meal. I will make sure Brenda knows about your kind words! We have worked hard to get the service and food where we want it to be. We stumbled along the way but have got everything running correctly!