“Excellent Service, Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Oaks offers a fine dining experience with a seasonally influenced dinner menu, including fine steaks, prime rib, chicken, and fresh seafood selections. Beautiful presentations of fresh food, simply prepared, coupled with an attentive staff, makes The Oaks the perfect choice for intimate dining or entertaining. Enjoy casual elegance in a stately paneled dining room or cocktails on our lakefront terrace amidst beautiful surroundings.
Cumming, Georgia
“Excellent Service, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have eaten at The Oaks twice while staying at The Ridge Resort. Both times, the service was excellentl the food was good, not great.
Being from the Atlanta area, we have access to a lot of really good restaurants and I understand that it might be somewhat unfair to compare a restaurant in Hiawassee to the Atlanta area. That being said, we were never UNsatisfied with the food, just not thrilled either.
We have had both the brunch and dinner, neither were bad, just nothing to 'write home about'. On our most recent visit, we had a reservation and had to wait about 20 min to be seated. The host/manager was very apologetic, and managed the situation completely fine, we didn't have any problems waiting because we weren't in a hurry. When we were seated, we were surprised the dining room wasn't even half full. Wasn't so much that they were busy, but it seemed they were understaffed for a Saturday night. However, the staff that was there was really good & attentive - they did their jobs well. My husband had salmon with potatoes, which he said was good. I had chicken topped with crab meat & asparagus, which was also good. We split a creme brulee for dessert after our server told us everything was made in house and highly recommended it. We were disappointed - the only part of the meal that really wasn't very good. It was room temperature, seemed like the brulee had been on for a while, and really bland, no real vanilla flavor. Just sort of 'wrong' all the way around. (We had drinks in our room so didn't have any with dinner, didn't have an app - for 2 entrees, which both came with 2 sides and a salad, and 2 dessert, I think our total was $65 before tip - just to give you an idea of pricing.)

The Oaks is a good option in Hiawassee, especially if you're staying at The Ridges - you can walk to/from your room and not sure that you could find anything better off the resort site. The feel is comfortable (casual to 'upscale' casual dress) and the service is excellent. If the weather is appropriate, sitting outside overlooking the lake is fantastic! We have returned more than once, and will likely eat there again next time we're staying at The Ridges.

• Visited February 2014

Pooler, Georgia
“Amazing Seafood!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Okay, yes you are in the mountains and usually wouldn't order seafood but honestly... the Salmon and Trout were mouth watering delicious!! I have to say our favorite was the appetizer... Pumpkin Ravioli OMG!!! It's a must!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

There isn't much else to say. This place rivals the best restaurants I've been to. Friendly wait staff, great drinks, gourmet food, reasonably priced for the quality of the food. No matter where we stay in Hiawassee, we eat at The Oaks..

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
atlanta
“Good food, lovely restaurant & friendly servers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Husband & I were staying at The Ridges so ate here Fri evening. Decor fits a mountain lake area, kind of a lodge feel but very nice. The booths along the back wall are nice as they allow you to face the lake; was dark so we couldn't see, but still different to sit in the semi-circle fashion. I thought the prices were very reasonable: they had a $6 glass of wine which was fine. The cheese appetizer was really good: honey drizzled over the Brie & balsamic vinegar over the goat cheese & a smoked pimento cheese. My entree: fettuccine alfredo w/chicken was good. Husband ordered filet, medium & he had to have recooked (though he has to do this at every restaurant we go to, even a steak place-they all say pink ctr & it invariably comes out red). Have stayed at Brasstown Valley resort (which we like better than The Ridges for atmosphere) and The Oaks food is MUCH better than what is served at Brasstown. Most of Brasstown's food is mass-produced fried buffet stuff. The Oaks serves freshly prepared, homemade food. No comparison. So definitely go if you are in the area. I would say it's worth a 20 minute drive. There aren't any really "nice" restaurants in the area besides this one.

• Visited January 2014
Suwanee, Georgia
“You saved Thanksgiving..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I went up with the kids (5 & 7) on Wednesday night and stayed up at another resort just up the road. The following day we had reservations at 2:15pm for a Thanksgiving Buffet at this other resort. They put us in a small banquet room with no view. There were 5 other tables and we were the only ones seated. It was horrible and not what I or my family envisioned Thanksgiving Brunch to be. After speaking to the manager I explained my displeasure and walk out of the resort.

With no reservations, we decided to drive down to the Ridges Resort and Oaks restaurant. I explained the ordeal to Tommy Kirchnes the Restaurant manager and he was MAGNIFICENT. We walked around the property and admired the lake view for ½ hour b/c my wife, kids and I needed to take a deep breath and relax. After the ½ hour walk we came back and Tommy had a table all set for us with a nice lake view…. It was a delicious Thanksgiving Brunch and I just want to say thank you to Tommy for making the 2-hour drive home an enjoyable one. Next time we come up to Hiawassee, we are staying at the Ridge Resort…

• Visited November 2013