“Fantastic activity...we ALL loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Hiawassee
More attraction details
Owner description: Southern Water Trails is a locally-owned company based in Hiawassee, Georgia, “The Top of Georgia.” We offer Stand-Up Paddle Boarding tours and lessons on many area lakes – including Chatuge, Nottely, Burton, Seed, Rabun, Tallulah Falls and Tugalo. Stand-up paddle boarding (S.U.P. for short) is the “newest wave” in paddlesports! S.U.P. is a great activity for individuals, families, kids, couples, corporate groups, and active seniors. All tours run 7 days a week, April through November. Call or email to book today!
Acworth, Georgia
“Fantastic activity...we ALL loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our first experience with SUP and we are all hooked! Linc is so knowledgeable in all things water, but it was his wonderful personality and way of instructing that made for the perfect day on the lake. Our group included 2 adults and 2 children (13 yrs) and Linc and Josh got us all up and moving across the lake in MINUTES! It was such fun (with a healthy snack break included) and a wonderfully peaceful way to soak up the beautiful scenery on Lake Chatuge. We are going to try River SUP next with Southern Water Trails!

Visited July 2013

Hiawassee, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Linc is terrific guide and very knowledgeable about all things having to do with a paddle!!! He is a professional rafting guide, and give you great tips on rivers throughout the U.S.

Visited May 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Outstanding experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My daughter and I went to Lake Chatuge over the summer and a friend recommended Southern Water Trails to us. We have never SUPed before and Linc made us feel at ease. He truly has a great demeanor that allows you to learn quickly & and enjoy your experience. My 11 year old daughter under Linc's tutelage became an expert and had a fantastic time. We are looking forward to next summer and taking Eco tours under his guidance. Honestly there is no better way to enjoy the scenery than SUPing & listening to a knowledgeable tour guide. Highly recommend!

Visited August 2012
Illinois City, Illinois
“SUPer Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Smiling!!! That was the entire time I am learning to SUP board with Linc to paddling around the beautiful Lake Chatuge. Linc is a great guide and he has access to the most awesome settings in which to SUP. It was all so relaxing and energizing. I was part of a group that included a lovely 70 year old lady. She had never SUPped and Linc supported her all the way to standing up on her board. Amazing!! This wonderful activity is for EVERYONE!! I can hardly wait for my next Supping experience.

Visited September 2012
Madison, Alabama
“a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I took my first trip with S.W.T. this summer with friends on the Chattahoochee river,Linc was great at making sure we were all comfortable with the knowledge that he gave us on how to handle/maneuver our boards in the water,he also make sure that each person had their own personal experience.
I was hooked and quickly booked my second trip a sunset trip a few weeks later,on Lake Chattuge,that in it's self would have been amazing,but Linc's knowledge of the mountians that suround the lake added so much to my trip!
I can't wait to book my next trip,and can't recommend Linc and S.W.T. highly enough!!

Visited August 2012