“A home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Happy Holly-Days
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hiawassee
Dallas, Georgia
“A home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have stayed at The Ridges Resort and Marina numerous times and we love the service we get, especially from a staff person named Vickie. She has always gone above and beyond to make us feel that we are not at a hotel but at someone's house. The property, because of its staff members, feels like home. The rooms are wonderful and the view is awesome. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.I will be sure to let Vickie and the rest of the staff know of your kind words. I hope that you will continue to let us be your home away from home when you are in the North Georgia Mountains!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Hiawassee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We have enjoyed our stay. The staff is great. We will be back next year. The Marina is awesome. Complimentary boat slip is a bonus. Two awesome restaurants within walking distance. Bonfire with s'mores. Rooms are beautiful, don't pass up this place. Lots to offer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank You for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our property. I think your review is spot on!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

The weather was awful on our wedding day, but the resort was amazing. They did everything they can and be as accommodating as possible. The suite was so nice and comfortable, I loved the rooms, after a long day it was relaxing. The folks at the front desk were so helpful, I keep forgetting my key, due to the hectic wedding day, and they had to open my door for me over and over again and were super sweet! I would love to go back for annual visit as anniversary.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting The Ridges Resort & Marina as your wedding venue! We are always excited to share in these momentous occasions. I hope you can come back and stay with us on your anniversaries.

Sincerely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My Boyfriend and I chose The Ridges Resort Marina off of a Groupon ad. We were looking for a unique, quiet and romantic getaway to celebrate my birthday. First, the staff... amazing super friendly and accommodating! I had a problem with my Groupon they had not sent confirmation to the resort, but Emily took care of that for us and got the confirmation email and make my Birthday absolutely awesome one to Remember. Vickie steered us to some amazing restaurants and sights to visit; and the smell of her hot cookies fills the lobby in the afternoon. The coffee bar hosts a large variety of coffees and teas. Also, in the evening they host s’mores by the fire and exceptional breakfast in the morning. The Oaks which is the Hotel's restaurant... GREAT FOOD!
It was our first visit...but definitely won't be our last!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
alicia j, Manager at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for spending your birthday with us!! I am glad you were able to utilize the Groupon. The comments about the staff make me smile as I feel we have some of the best in the business!! I am also glad you liked the small touches like cookies and cider as well as the s'mores. I am also glad to read that this will not be your last visit to the property. Welcome to The Ridges Family!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

A group of ladies from our church in Hayesville NC Had a women's day out with meetings and lunch. Top Chief Carl prepared a wonderful Soup and Salad spread, that was awesome. Victoria who worked our group was great and friendly and made sure our time at the resort was a blessed one, so if you are looking for a place to enjoy with your friends in a meeting setting, you should check out the Ridges Resort.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for holding your recent meeting at The Ridges Resort & Marina. I will make sure both Chef Karl and Victoria know of your kind words. I agree that we are a great place for a one day oe multi day meeting.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My boyfriend surprised me with a weekend getaway in Georgia wine country, and we spent the night at The Ridges. Everyone we encountered was kind and friendly. The room, while not lake-side, was spacious and nicely decorated and the beds were comfortable. We loved the s'mores by the fire, and relaxing in the lobby. The location was nice, close enough to drive to vineyards and attractions but still felt remote. Thank you for a lovely weekend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank You for staying with us during your recent trip to the Georgia Wine Country.I am pleased that you enjoyed the facility as well as our employees. I do hope the next time you are in the area you visit us again!

Sincerely
Acworth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I chose The Ridges off of a Groupon ad she recieved. We were looking for a unique,quiet and romantic getaway. Upon arriving we checked in to a room that was not lake view. Although we loved the wine and cheese package, we asked to switch rooms and were granted it with an upgrade in price. We felt that maybe that should have been specified on reservation. We were also told that was what was on the Groupon deal. It seemed like there was an attitude against Groupon. This seems wrong to us since that was what got us there in the first place, and it wasn't such a big discount. The Lakeside room was very nice and clean. The lobby is real nice but they have nothing going on. The small bar was closed the whole time, and although this is called a resort, there was zero resort type activities. They should have had the flat screen in the lobby on, and;or the piano which I believe has an auto player , playing. At night it would have been nice for the outside to be lit all the way to the water as well.
We ate dinner at the Oaks which was very nice with good atmosphere. The menu was looked great, but some of the food was not. My wife had the special which was a surf and turf. Her steak was very tough and the crablegs were mediocre. She was also served them without tongs or the special fork at first. We had to ask. There was no bread course either, which was kind of strange. The wine was good and my meal was very good. The desert was smallish but good. The s'mores by the fire pit was unique ,but since There was no one there we kind of passed that up. We would've thought that there would be staff attending, but it seemed the whole time that the place was understaffed. The breakfast the next morning was mediocre, with plastic plates, which we thought was weak. There was nothing much to do , somewhat understandable in off season,and with rainy weather but as a "resort" you would think something would be going on. Also we travelled two and a half hours by GPS which put us 12 miles beyond due to some kind of address problem ? All in all, it could have been really nice but fell short.

Room Tip: Specify you want the lake veiw room !!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. I would like to address a few of your comments. I am glad you were able to use your Groupon. We offer these during the winter when there is not as many activities available because we are a lake side resort with more activities available when it is warm. We do have available at the Front Desk a listing of nearby attractions and venues that guest can visit in the off season. The Groupon coupon states it was for resort side rooms only and that lake side rooms where available for a fee. I am sorry you did not see that. We love our Groupon guests. There is a bit of frustration when we have to explain the fine print when people think they are supposed to get one thing when it is plainly stated in the Groupon. It happens quite a lot. I will address the staff to make sure that they do a better job of hiding their frustration. The small bar you mentioned is open. During the winter of Desk Staff will be more than happy to make you a cocktail or pour a glass of wine. We do have a flat screen tv on the right side of the lobby. We keep it turned off due to people wanting a quite area to read and relax. There are remotes on the table in the sitting area that allow guests to turn on the tv. There is also a tv in the mezzanine above the lobby as well.The piano does have a cd player attached as well as you mentioned. But once again we do not play it unless requested during the winter hours. We have music playing throughout the lodge. I apologize about the steak and crab legs your wife had. I am not sure what happened there as we get raves about our food at The Oaks. Did you address it with the server and have a new steak cooked or possibly change your selection? We would have been more than happy to do that for you. Our s'mores are set up family style. We are a resort that is not stuffy but more like a place to relax and reconnect with family and new friends. The S'mores and firepit give our guests a chance to interact with each other as they partake of the activity. Our staff comes out and checks on the supplies throughout the time it is offered. As you mentioned it is the slow season and it was raining during your stay. Unfortunately GPS does not always work in our area unfortunately. When people call us in regards to gps address we can let them know what to enter in each particular unit as each will take you to different places. We also have directions on our website as well as the exact latitude and longitude of the property listed. From reading your review I assume you where expecting a Ritz Carlton type of resort. As I sated before we are not a stuffy kind of resort. We are relaxed and unpretentious in the atmosphere and services we offer. I do hope you come in the warmer months so you can see the property in full operation.

Owner

Been to Ridges Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!