“Perfect resort to rest relax and reflect !” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Happy Holly-Days
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hiawassee
New York City, New York
“Perfect resort to rest relax and reflect !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Peaceful, calm and serene in the mountains of Georgia! Romantic and every night was date night! The grounds well manicured and the salt water pool refreshing! The amenities of cookies and tea in the afternoon and Happy hour starts at 4! The restaurant the oaks on the property was 5 star!
Excellent service! Scallops and trout to die for!

• Stayed August 2013
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank You for your review. It is always a pleasure to read reviews like yours. Your comments on The Oaks Restaurant mirror the award we received from Talk of the Town for Best Restaurant! It is my wish for The ridges to become your destination of choice for many years to come.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The location of this property on the lake in the mountains appeals to a demographic that likes rustic rural American charm. It is near the town center and also near attractions like wineries, spas and horse-back riding trails. The staff is friendly but all of them are not educated about the property and nearby amenities to the same degree. Some are a fountain of knowledge and insight and others are more limited in the feedback they can provide. The meeting facilities are good and the food service for meetings is solid and tasty. The rooms are clean, but feel dated and are not well lit. In addition, there were not enough electrical outlets to facilitate charging phones and electronics more ubiquitous among travelers. In spite of some misgivings about the rooms, I found the lobby and the outdoor fire pit activities were the highlight of the stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor facing the lake have “walk out” patios.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do have a couple of new staff members who have just moved to the area and are still getting familiar with what the area has to offer. The other staff members have lived here all their life or long enough to develop an in depth knowledge of the area. Our rooms were remodeled a few years back and my husband and I decided to go with a darker palette of colors to enhance the atmosphere of, as you stated, "rustic rural American Charm". While we do not have an electronics charging setup, we would have been happy to provide a power strip if you had asked. I am glad you enjoyed the fire pit and the lobby. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

atlanta,ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

returned to ridges again last week for 3 nights and to me it wasnt as good as last year--so im only giving it a 3 .We changed from a hotel room to one of their villas (condos)--they are quite a bit larger, biut there were a few issues-- first,we killed 3 daddy long legs in the master--my wife has major spider issues, so that was a problem.
Next were the pools--i have had a pool for 25 years and know alot about pool care. The large saltwater pool had lots of leaves on surfcae and i coudnt see the bottom in the deep end--it had a green tinge to it.That usualy means not enough chlorine.So we went to the small pool near our condo, and it too was very cloudy-we went in anyway, and it didnt have an chlorine smell to it, so we got out.Seems the pool upkeep isnt what it should be at a great resort.
The breakfast closes at 9--last year it was 10,so when we got there at 930 we missed it.Also only had pastries and bagels the next day--not much of a choice.
There wasnt any bed makeups or vacuuming at all during our stay at the villa--for 360/nt that should be done daily.--we did see a cleaning van but it didnt go to our unit.
As we crossed the parking lot there had to be 20 piles of dog poop that hadnt been cleaned up--disgusting.
Finally, as we were pulling the bed sheets on the day we left, we both notcied stains onthe sheets--we both hoped that the sheets had been clean when we got there, and that the stains were permanent.
We still love the area, and with the casino being built near Murphy, well be back in the area agan--butnot sure about Ridges,sad to say

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am sorry to read that your stay with us this year was not a good as last year. The condos we rent are not actually owned by us but are made available to us to rent by the owners. We work close with them to insure that our guests expectations are met. I will also address the housekeeping team to find out why your room was not serviced and the stains on the sheets. That is something that disturbs me a great deal as it is not the service or expectation I have as well. I am not sure which parking lot the dog poop was in. We do not allow pets in the lodge so I do not think it was here. I do hope you will stay with us again and if you are looking for more space may I suggest a suite in the Lodge.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed there with my husband and my son last spring. I was looking for weekend getaway. I checked the reviews and decided to pick this hotel. I did not like it at all. We arrived the hotel about 1 hour early to the check in. The room was not available and we needed to wait, which is understandable since we were early. But the staff seems busy for wedding parties and I did not feel that they did not care about us waiting at the lobby. Infact, many occasions, no one was at the front desk. I needed to go to the front desk several times and finally checked in about 1.5 hours later.,,, I reserve the resort view suite since lake view suite was not available. The room is on the second floor facing to the parking lot. I can see my car right below my room. The room was dark and dated. I saw some imperfections in the bathroom. The water in the tab did not drain. "Free" breakfast was dissapointing.
I spect a good money - good enough to stay at Ritz.Lake Oconee. I should have gone there instead... I will not return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for writing a review of your stay. I am surprised given the content of your review that it was not written sooner. We utilize our desk agents in many different ways to help guests during their stay. I am sorry if you felt neglected as that is not our intention. We get raving reviews about our staff and the service they provide. As far as being dark and dated, we renovated the furniture a few years back and the decision was made to go with darker tones to promote a warm and cozy feeling instead of a sterile everyday look. Most of our guests enjoy the décor but I understand that some do not like it. My husband and I created the rooms to appeal to the guest who want to feel like they are escaping the sterile modern world and stepping into a warm welcoming environment. As far as the breakfast, we offer a true continental breakfast. All of our baked items are hand made in house by our Pastry Chef Nicole. I am sorry you did not appreciate the time and energy myself, my husband and our staff put into the resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

After being very disappointed in another resort close by, we ended up cutting our stay short and were lucky enough to find availability at the Ridges Resort. We were greeted pleasantly over the phone and even though it was a busy time in Hiawassee, they were able to accommodate us.
We had a lovely room overlooking Lake Chatuge and the mountains. We sat out on the balcony and great view. The only regret is that we didn't have more time to spend at this beautiful resort.
Hopefully, we will return soon and stay longer.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room overlooking the lake.....so peaceful!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Well I am disappointed that your trip started off bad at another resort, but glad you found us and we could make your stay enjoyable and memorable. I hope to have you stay with us again in the near future again!

Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was looking for a place to take one last summer getaway before my wife returned to teaching for the new school year. The Ridges Resort & Marina turned out to be a perfect place in the heart of the Georgia Mountains!

No, it's not the newest facility, but it has the elegance of a bygone era. The era of true relaxation away from the stresses of life. A place were family and new found friends gathered to enjoy fresh baked cookies, games, S'mores and conversations.

The staff's attention to detail and service orientation only added to the overall experience.

While we did enjoy the conversations and S'mores around the fire pit, we did observe one safety issue. There is a small step down around the fire pit that is constructed with the same colored stone, making it hard to see. We saw several people miss the step and one Lady actually took a scary fall. Thankfully she was not injured and we were about to talk with her the next morning.

Needless to say.......we were very pleased and will be back!

Thanks for a great visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
alicia j, Manager at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Ridges Resort as your last summer getaway this year! I appreciate the time you took to write this review. The comment you made about experiencing the elegance of a bygone error makes me feel proud as my husband and I recently purchased the property and that is exactly what we are trying to do. You put it into words and I thank you! I will be sure to let the staff know of your kind words as well. We are fortunate to have what I feel is the best staff in the area. I also appreciate you letting us know about the step. I will have it fixed ASAP. I and the entire staff look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in the area!

Sincerely
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Enjoyed a three night stay at the Ridges two weeks ago...and look forward to returning in January, The grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere relaxing. We have very high standards in regards to cleanliness and this resort did not disappoint...so clean and the rooms well appointed. If I could find a negative, the television is a bit small,
The staff at the Ridges are friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant...in fact, Vicky and Emily at the front desk went beyond the expected and worked it out that we could stay an additional night although the hotel was booked...even housekeeping got involved to make it happen! I was there to relax and refresh and realized that two days just wasn't enough! The staff worked hard to provide the room for us and their efforts are very much appreciated!! We are very pleased with this resort and plan to become regulars at the Ridges.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I am glad to read loved your recent stay at The Ridges Resort. Thank you for taking the time to let others know. Our staff takes pride in their job as well as showing off true "mountain" hospitality. I will pass your kind words on to Vickie and Emily and housekeeping. I look forward to having you stay with us many times in the future.

Owner

Been to Ridges Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!