“Even better the third time” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Mountains & Lake $99
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Hiawassee
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Even better the third time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our third annual visit to the Ridges Resort was just as wonderful as the previous visits. This time we booked a lake view suite. Well worth the extra!! The room was large, comfortable with a great view, a soaking/jaccuzi tub with separate shower, and a chair and sofa for relaxing. We are spoiled now. The staff is wonderful, the Oaks restaurant superb, and the area has plenty to do for a relaxing weekend away. Try Vicky's special cider after an afternoon walk around the grounds. We look forward to next year

Room Tip: Lake side rooms have a great view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridges30546, General Manager at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We were delighted to welcome you back to The Ridges Resort for the third time! Thank you for your kind comments about your experience. And we are glad you were able to experience your stay from the comfort of a lakeside suite! We look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth visit and spoiling you even more...and certainly with a cup of Miss Vickie's fabulous apple cider!

437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Flagstaff, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I just returned from the Ridges ... the lodge was cozy, the restaurant was outstanding, the view and Fall colors were beautiful ... but the room was dirty, dusty, and the bed needs to be replaced. The door and baseboards were caked with dust ... and ... the inside bathroom door had dirty drip marks running down it from dust, dirt and shower condensation.

Each room needs to be put out of commission, one at a time, and cleaned from top to bottom. Hire the ladies that need the work to take one room a day and really clean it!!!

My husband and I love The Ridges ... when visiting Hiawassee, we always dine at the Oaks, but will not stay at the lodge again unless a room is unavailable at Brasstown.

I am so sorry we must make this decision but the rooms are just too dirty and dusty.

Room Tip: if you have the extra $20, go to Brasstown in Young Harris.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for visiting us during this beautiful fall season. We appreciate your feedback and your kind comments about our cozy lodge and your dining experience. I am disappointed to read your comments about the cleanliness of your room. Cleanliness of rooms and the entire resort is our first priority, and I will address this concern immediately. It is our consistent practice to deep clean each room often, and we will work hard to assure that nothing is overlooked, not matter how busy the resort is. Please allow me to make your arrangements for a return visit. We value your patronage and hope that we can exceed your expectations on a future visit. I hope you will call me personally when you are planning your next trip to our area. I can assure your complete satisfaction.

Walton, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband found this place while "exploring" the mountain lakes in Georgia and North Carolina. We had no reservations but they found us a room for 2 nights.Hooked us up with the marina for a pontoon rental even though it was off season for boating. Great front desk staff.Beautiful facility .decorated exceptionally well. Restaurant was nice and were very helpful with getting our steaks cooked right.Vickie at front desk was enthusiastic in her job- very refreshing! Loved the cider and cookies. One thing that could be better is a little stronger coffee in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you found The Ridges in your exploration of the mountain lakes of our area! And we are delighted that you were able to get out and enjoy the beauty of Lake Chatuge during your visit as well. Thank you for your fantastic feedback about our beautiful lodge and our staff. I will certainly share your kind words. We are proud of our team and are so pleased when our guests share their experiences with them. We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully very soon. Miss Vickie will have plenty of her special apple cider for you and we will be sure to have some extra strong coffee ready for you as well!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I should have wrote this review a long time ago...My husband and I where there January 2012. Nevertheless, this resort is AWESOME! I have nothing bad to say at all. We loved the hospitality of the staff as well as the warm and cozy atmosphere - so romantic! The fireplace and common areas are gorgeous! The views are gorgeous. The rooms are large, decorated with taste and quality and the beds are very comfortable. Due to the water drought in Georgia, the lake was a little sparce but it was still beautiful and serene. Oh, and the Apple Cider is THE BOMB! Neither myself nor my husband like apple cider but we couldn't get enough of that cider! We also thoroughly enjoyed the firepit and the marshmellows, chocolate and graham crackers to make s'mores (all complimentary). If you are looking for a relaxing, cozy,warm and welcoming get-away, then this is definitely the place! ENJOY TO THE FULLEST!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridges30546, General Manager at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic feedback from your experience at our resort earlier this year. We are delighted that you took the time to recount your visit. I loved that your memories of your stay included the warmth of the lodge, the special goodies that we provide our guests throughout the day, and the hospitality that you received from our staff. And I will share your comment with Miss Vickie that you loved her Apple Cider - I'm sure she would be happy to share her special recipe with you on your next visit.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very nice place to stay. The restaurant was excellent as we had 8 people for dinner. Also rented a boat from the marina. Our only complaint was the coffee in the lobby for breakfast. It was terrible!
Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ridges30546, General Manager at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
We are glad that you spent your "weekend in the mountains" with us at The Ridges Resort! Thank you for your kind comments about your experience. I am delighted that you and your guests had a great dinner at our Oaks Restaurant, and that you enjoyed your time in the lodge and use of our marina.

I am sorry to learn that the coffee you were served in the lobby was not good. I will follow up with our team to assure that properly prepare a quality brew for our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back soon, and sharing a wonderful hot cup of coffee (or apple cider) with you!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Except for the stale hamburger buns, stale breakfast pastries and frayed bath towels the place was ok. The physical locale and property has great bones but is need of quality upgrades and attention to details. Flat screens, upgraded landscaping (weeding anyone?). It's hard to screw up given the natural beauty but they are trying!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ridges30546, General Manager at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I certainly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts and input about your recent visit with us at The Ridges. We truly value your comments and want to work hard to consistently improve our guest experiences.

I apologize that you thought the buns and pastries were "stale" but want to assure you that our Pastry Chef makes all of our breads, bagels and pastries daily, and uses only natural ingredients and real butter in all items. As a result, it may not be the typical textures of store bought breads or what you may be used to eating; and we encourage guests at the continental breakfasts to microwave the pastries a bit to moisten the butters within for best enjoyment. I will certainly, however, share your comments with our Pastry Chef so that she can continuously work to improve the results for our guests.

Landscaping our property to showcase the beauty is a priority as well, and remains a work in progress. We have put an entirely new landscaping layout and plan in place this year, as we have already made major improvements to the property thus far. We remain committed to working hard to keep up with the changing seasons and always enhancing the beauty of the property. Additionally, we have plans in place to upgrade all of our guest room televisions to flat screens and other soft good item enhancements before the end of the year as well.

Again, thanks for sharing your comments and please know that I take all of them very seriously. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please call me personally to make any arrangements for your visit!

Huntersville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We just got back from our weekend trip to the Ridges to celebrate our anniversary. We had planned to go 2 years ago in the summer with our kids, but we couldn't get our schedules together to go so we didn't at that time. Not long ago a Groupon deal came up for The Ridges so I thought we would go there to celebrate our anniversary. The resort is very nice from the outside and the website makes it look very nice. But the lodge rooms and the bathrooms seemed out of date. The bathroom had a shower curtain that wouldn't stretch all the way to the end and had one of those huge rubber mats on the tub floor so you wouldn't slip. The fixtures had been updated to oil rubbed bronze, but the bathroom in general was out of date and very plain looking. We were not sure why it is really called a resort. The hallways walking to the rooms on the first floor were very low and had those old looking ceiling tiles. We found the work out room finally after searching for it, but it was dark and small with just a few pieces of equipment in there. The continental breakfast was just so so. They had a good selection of pastries but we don't eat pastries. We ate the cold cereal. They had oatmeal available which I have every morning at home, but they only had hard plastic bowls which didn't look like the kind to hold hot water. The outdoor swimming pool was closed a week or so ago but it looked dirty and other reviews commented about it looking dirty also. The beds were really hard and uncomfortable for sleeping. I woke up to a backache and a tight stiff back. On a positive note, the staff were really nice and friendly. The resort is very nice from the outside with the stone. The view of the water is relaxing. The huge fireplace in the lobby is very nice and the lobby area is nice with leather furniture. We ate in The Oaks restaurant on site both nights and the food was very good. Both of us enjoyed our food both nights. We rode into Helen Ga on Saturday and spent the day in the quaint little German town. It is about a 30 minute drive. Overall it was a nice get away for us. But I wish they had more things to do on site like a spa or a better work out room and better beds.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your visit to The Ridges Resort. We are so glad that you were finally able to make the visit and appreciate your kind comments about our friendly staff and beautiful setting.

Please be assured that we have been working hard to make consistent and deliberate enhancements to the property since our owners purchased the property a couple of years ago. A priority for us has been to update fixtures and features in the guest rooms. We plan to upgrade the televisions to all flat screens in the rooms; and have been refinishing all of the furniture in the rooms as well.

I am sorry that you could not experience our swimming pool as it has been redone this year and is now a Salt Water Pool. I can assure you that it is not "dirty" - because it is now a Salt Water Pool, the coloring is different, and in the winter season, we plan to paint the tiles so that the color difference will not be noticable. But the change to salt water has been a very well received one by our guests, as it is certainly better for your skin and health.

We are happy to provide a continental breakfast for our guests that is complimentary each morning. We are the only resort property in Georgia that provides breakfast complimentary, as well as all day coffees, home baked cookies and ciders in the afternoons and s'mores around the firepit each evening as an added amenity for our guests. Our pastry chef prepares all of our breads and breakfast pastries daily, but we do also like to provide cereals, fresh fruits and yogurts.

I am delighted to get your kind comments on our very friendly and wonderful staff, as well as your nice dining experience. I hope that you will return to see us again soon, as we want to assure that we overcome any past disappointments and provide you with a most memorable return. Please call me personally if I can assist with any of your arrangements.

Chad Hooper - General Manager

Been to Ridges Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!