“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chancey Hill Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hiawassee
Chancey Hill Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Chancey Hill Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
385 Chancey Drive, Hiawassee, GA 30546   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hiawassee B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

John and Dale are great. My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway in October, 2012 (I know my review is a little late : ) and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I told John we wanted a romantic evening set up if it could be done, and he had bubbly chocolate covered fruit waiting for us when we got there. Breakfast was delicious and the view was amazing! I would without a doubt recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This place was great - views were beautiful, rooms were just as much so,
Innkeepers (John and Dale) were fabulous people... the breakfast's were to good...
We really enjoyed our stay here - highly recommended.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool - rating would not allow to take that out - that is NA. All the rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in June of 2012 for a friend's wedding. She was getting married elsewhere and there were no cabins left. Chauncey Hill graciously agreed to accommodate me at the last minute and answered a million questions because I have to know everything about where I'm staying. I was not disappointed. The innkeeper made a fantastic breakfast and was very entertaining, the room was immaculate as well as beautifully decorated and comfortable and the inn was very well maintained. I'm going back someday even if I don't have a reason to be in Hiawassee. Chauncey Hill is THE place to stay in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Dale and John are excellent hosts. We had not been to that part of GA and were pleasantly surprised at the wineries and how many choices of B&Bs. This B&B is in a perfect location with amazing views and unique and spotless rooms. Never had pecan pancakes and we were only there for one night, but !!!!!!!!! the pecan breakfast pancakes were definitely amazing, nevermind an absolute delicious breakfast surprise. Awesome B&B and hope to get back again. Maybe in the Fall...........with a few more days planned.

Room Tip: the rooms we stayed in had a most amazing view. It also was one with a deck with a view that can'...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This will be our stay of choice in the future. Dale and John were fun, superb hosts. They know the area and could recommend restaurants, wineries, and shopping for us. We have only been at home part of the afternoon. Already we have recommended Chancey Hill Bed and Breakfast to friends and family! We are now planning a repeat trip. We took a tour of all of the rooms before other guests checked in and found them all to be clean and attractive. The Tallulah Suite where we stayed was perfection. The gazebo was nearby and offered a great view of the mountains. What more can we say?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at Chancey Hill Inn this past weekend, and had hoped to plan a nice romantic weekend for me and my girlfriend. I had a little suprise in store, as I brought an engagement ring with me to propose to my now fiance. John and his wife Dale are such wonderful people; they truly exceeded my expectations in helping me make the weekend extra special. The house was immaculate, the food was delicious, the view from the room was amazing, with a private entrance out to the deck overlooking the mountains and town below. We were met with such warm and welcoming hospitality, it truly couldn't be beat. John and Dale truly know how to add the romantic touches; they really helped me surprise my girlfriend by arranging to have roses in the room when we arrived, and to have champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us when we returned from my proposal. They were great with recommending places to hike, and wineries to visit, and restaurants to eat at.

I was traveling from Wisconsin for the weekend, and John was incredibly understanding about my flight delays, and extremely helpful with everything I had planned. Dale is such a lovely lady, and you can tell she truly cares for everyone they welcome into their home. The space was so very warm and welcoming, but certainly has plenty of privacy in each of the rooms as well.

I definitely recommend Chancey Hill to anyone considering. You won't be disappointed. We will definitely be visiting again if travel takes us through Hiawassee in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Johns Creek, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Chancey Hill Inn for a weekend in April. It was our first time at a bed and breakfast so we weren't sure what to expect. I actually spoke with John on the phone about three different times before the trip to get some recommendations on places to go. I'm sure he was annoyed, but his advice was very helpful. When we arrived John and Dale were so pleasant and warm. We ended up hiking near Young Harris College during the day and went to Crane Creek Vineyards (a John and Dale recommendation), which was awesome.

As far as the room it was great. There was a little sitting room where we did most of our ironing and then a bedroom with a nice king size bed that also had a whirlpool tub. The bedroom also let out to a beautiful deck that looks out into the mountains and the woods.

Needless to say it was a very relaxing weekend and was a great experience. We'll definitely be planning a repeat trip soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chancey Hill Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!