“Good for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 18 hotels in Helen
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I went here on our weekend getaway trip with my husband. The check-in process was easy and the price was good.room was tidy but not as clean as I wouldn't prefer. Tray that the cups and soap sit on was dirty and had a dead bug on it. I didn't need the cups or soap so that wasn't a huge deal but it was less than desirable. Overall the stay was good and the location is great for tubing pickup. Cleaning could be a little better but I would still consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Econo Lodge H, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your review, it helps to know where we need to improve. I will be sure to bring, the room not being clean enough, to the attention of the owners. We are going through a staff change right now. I am so sorry that the room was not up to standers. We are working on getting the right staff and training them properly. I do hope that you do give us another chance. We are working on improving, and your review helps to know where.
Thank you again for your review.

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Villa Rica, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Me and my husband wanted to get away for the weekend so we went to the econo lodge in Helen. As soon as I walked in I felt very welcomed and the front desk leader Dawn was so sweet. She let us look at the room before we had to pay for it and worked with us. The room was very clean and nice and the staff were all very nice. I know we will be definitely staying there again next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Econo Lodge H, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Kayla,

Thank you so much for that very sweet response. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I know I enjoyed having you with us. I try my best to make everyone feel welcome. I enjoy meeting new people and getting to know them. I think that I have the best job in the world. I get to meet people from all over and from all walks of life, with all different lives events going on with them. I'm truely blessed and enriched my life from meeting you and all my customers. All of you have helped me in so many ways. I want to thank you personally for coming and allowing me be part of your life even just for a day or so.

Thank you again for you sweet comment

Boiling Springs, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We only stayed one night, but the front desk staff, Dawn and Mike, were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and we had everything we needed. The walls are a little thin, so it was easy to hear people talking if they were right outside our door, but that was not a big deal at all for us. Breakfast was offered, but we slept in ;) Everything was very pleasant! It was easy and simple just like we needed!

Room Tip: I'd suggest trying to get a room on the second floor, just so that you won't have any extra...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria
Thank you for your response, it helps us to know where we need to improve and what we are doing right. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and do hope that you will be back to visit with us again. I did notice that you rated the rooms at a lower mark than the rest. I just want you to know we are working on maintance issues and we are working on retraining the staff. We are also looking into getting more or different staff. We will be taking this into consideration with our improvements.

Thank you again for you comment.

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

After going to Helen and renting cabins we decided to stay in a Hotel. We have 2 small, well behaved, clean dogs and the Econo Lodge allows pets. The front desk was easy check in, the staff was friendly, room was clean and well stocked, the pool was clean and nice. Good location the water park is right behind the Hotel within walking distance for the kids. I have read some of the other reviews, People if you can't turn your AC on are walk to get some towels are toilet paper you need to stay home. It is not the Ritz are some $1,000 night Hotel catering to your every need. We will be staying there from now on. We are planning on going back at Thanksgiving and any other trips to Helen we will be staying at the Econo Lodge. You can't beat the Price to stay here, very happy with everything.

Room Tip: The Hotel is 2 levels, if you like a view get on the 2nd floor. I think any room is nice, the King R...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response, it helps to know where we need to improve and what we are doing right. Thank you so much for that really nice comment. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving. We do hope that it will be as good as the last or even better. I love meeting new people and meeting new customers. When I get to know you I don't want you to leave me. And you guys were some of those customers I would love to keep around. I really enjoyed meeting you.

Thank you again for your response.

Rome, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

To start with we arrive into our room where its 90 degees outside and no air on at all and the room smelled very musty. Then a trip to the restroom became very unpleasant when there was NO toilet tissue anywhere and when the front desk was called to bring some we were told to come to the office and get it.... The door key cards very seldom worked to get back into the room we exchanged this 3 different times on a 2 night stay! The only good thing was location right beside waterpark!

Room Tip: They do allow pets!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response, it helps to know where we need to improve. I do apologize for you experience with the hotel. There should have been toilet paper in the room, this has been taken up with the staff. We are working on getting new staff and retraining the present ones. I have also taken in consideration the 90 degree room. I am speaking to the owners about turning on the A/C around lunch time so it can start cooling off. Thank you for that comment. We look for things that make our customers happy. We do hope that you give us another chance to try to make you next stay better than the first.

Smithville Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Had reservations for 3 days there ONLY 1 PERSON was nice and helpful (Dawn) the rest were rude, nasty! One desk clerk , had on a muscle type shirt NO BRA, hair looked like it hadn't seen a brush in days, ignored complaints of beds just being made no sheet changes, roon service was horrid!! lady came in room said how many bath bath (rags) you need duhhh she see's 2 of us in room , I just look at her and said well we aren't going to share one!! went down stairs to get cereal,, EVERYONE had to use same milk carton ..I DON"T THINK SO!! Husband got stung by a hornet in the bed!!! something bit me on back of my neck! ONLY same 1 person even cared to try to help!! THEn if that wasn't enough... they sprayed room with some posion!!! closed it up, I had a asthma attack and had to use oxygen!! good thing I brought some with me!! Then hateful woman (half dressed) said room not in your name, so I can't help you!! Just because our friend reserved both rooms in her name !!! IT WAS MY MONEY!!

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your response, it helps us to know where we can improve on. We do want you to know we are looking for new staff and we are retraining our current staff members. I do sincerely apologize for your husband getting stung and the asthma attack. We do know that we have to be more cautious if this happens to arise again. We also apologize for the staff's attitude. All these issues have been taken up with the owners.
Oh thank you for you comment about me. I try my best to make the customers happy. I enjoy working with my customers.

atlanta,ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you are playing golf or plan to spend time at the water park this is a cheap place to stay. The town is slightly farther to get to. Breakfast is ok. The hotel staff was pleasant. The pool is very clean but very little lounging space and few chairs. Many stores in Helen have closed. Too many Tshirt and junk stores. Hofers for bread and sweets (do not eat there). Fudge stores and the Christmas store. Go hiking at Unicoi state park, Dukes Creek or Raven Cliffs. Tube down the river but briefly see Helen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your response. With your response we know the areas that we need to improve on. We do want you to know we are listening to you and our customers. We are working on getting cleanner better rooms and we are also working on our customer services. We do hope that you come visit us again and give us another chance to improve on.

Thank you again for your response.

Dawn

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!