“The Good, Bad and Ugly” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 hotels in Helen
Milton, Delaware
“The Good, Bad and Ugly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel on the third leg of our annual trip south. First the good: we loved the layout of our suites. Two separate rooms plus a Jacuzzi bath. The second "good" was the location of the hotel, right in downtown Helen where we could walk to restaurants and the attractions of this faux Bavarian village. The third "good" was the friendliness and efficiencey of the front desk personnel. Now for the bad: this was the dirtiest Hampton Inn we've ever stayed in. While our rooms were clean, the carpeted hallways were not vacummed daily, thus showing an accumulation of dirt and debris. However, after I mentioned this to the front desk I noticed the next day the hallways were vacuumed. The seond "bad" was the breakfast. I usually have waffles for breakfast and love the fact that the Hampton Inns provide waffles. However, there was a problem with this Hampton Inn's waffle mix, it was sour. I brought that to the attention of the breakfast hostess (who was at the front desk reading a newspaper) that the waffle mix was sour. She said "Oh, I'll put some new waffle mix in." The next problem was the fruit salad. I don't eat the fruit salad but I could smell it as soon as i walked into the breakfast area, it smelled like garbage. It was that bad and looked it. Also, the orange juice maching was out of order so a pitcher of orange juice was provided. It tasted like there was a rusty tin can in it overnight. The third "bad" was the walls are paper thin. I could hear the children in the room next to me as well at the TV, loud. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk she offered to take $10 off of my room. I didn't want money off my room, just not to hear screaming kids in the room next to me. Overall, this Hampton Inn, while well located appears to be worn and in need of a renovation, cleanliness and attention paid to providing fresh ingredients for breakfast. I hate to say this about a Hampton Inn because we always make a point to stay at a Hampton Inn because of their dependable reputation, but this Hampton Inn let us down. We hope these problems are take care of because we would like to return next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInn30545, General Manager at Hampton Inn Helen, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you kindly for taking time to post your comment on our Tripadvisor page. Your business is greatly appreciated. I'm so sorry that you encountered a problem during your stay here with us. We are striving to improve our guests' satisfaction and thanks to your comment, we are able to address those issues. Thank you for sharing your experience. Please be sure to visit our hotel again in the future. At Hampton Inn, we love having you here!! Again, thank you.

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had a two night stay in Helen at the Hampton Inn. The staff was very welcoming and ready to help when needed. Room décor and cleanliness were above average. The breakfast buffet was above and beyond especially with the help of Brenda. She was so friendly and willing to help with whatever we wanted. Our group was a bit loud when we returned from the rehearsal dinner but Dale was patient and quick to offer an alternative spot in the hotel for our gathering. We would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Helen, GA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonInn30545, General Manager at Hampton Inn Helen, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you kindly for taking time to post your comment on our TripAdvisor page. Your business is greatly appreciated. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us!! Thank you for sharing your experience. Please be sure to visit our hotel again in the future. At Hampton Inn, we love having you here!! Again, thank you.
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Now and then you find a Hampton that breaks their mold. This hotel does just that.

Situated in the Disneylandesque town of Helen, with its Bavarian theme, it certainly joins in the mood,. Only its breakfast brings you back to earth.

Rooms are good, with usual amenities, and service was very good, particularly the Angel on the front desk.

Plumbing a little loud at times.

We were there mid-week, mid April, and so no gridlock from visitors.

Worth a visit.

I would stay again, and would recommend.

Room Tip: The suites are quite spacious and comfortable, and some rooms have a porch.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Miamisburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Helen GA twice. The hotel is clean, centrally located just off the main street of town. The staff is friendly and always willing to provide recommendations of things to do, places to eat and a little bit of history about the town. During the warmer weather this would be a great family vacation and during the cooler weather a great get-away for romatic weekend. Try it...you will love it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Excellent service. Cleanliness of rooms superb. Staff very helpful , welcoming, supportive. Quiet, beautiful outdoor setting. Breakfast excellent. Lovely balcony. Access to internet great. Reasonable price, fees.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInn30545, General Manager at Hampton Inn Helen, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you kindly for taking time to post your comment on our Tripadvisor page. Your business is greatly appreciated. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us!! Thank you for sharing your experience. Please be sure to visit our hotel again in the future. At Hampton Inn, we love having you here!! Again, thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had a wonderful time in Helen and that was mostly due to the great experience I had at this hotel. The check in was prompt. All staff was professional and courteous. The internet was high speed and easy to connect to. The fitness room was well stocked and quiet. The breakfast was more like a buffet. I wish I could have stayed longer than 4 days.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

bluegrass state
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on our way home. Rooms were adequate. Nice location for walking & shopping. Right across street from hofer's. gotta try it for breakfast or lunch. The mtn climber was great. Close to Lincoln walking park. Nice & free. Not very busy this time of year. Would have liked to tube the river.
The hotel does have a strange entrance. You pull under the hotel & take the elevator up to the 2 nd floor. Breakfast average.

• Stayed April 2013
HamptonInn30545, General Manager at Hampton Inn Helen, responded to this review, April 6, 2013

Been to Hampton Inn Helen? Share your experiences!