“It was good.. but definately nothing to write home about.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Helen
South Carolina
“It was good.. but definately nothing to write home about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

We just got back from Helen, GA, and had an absolute blast! I would recommend it to anyone. We stayed at Super 8. I loved the fact that the hotel was on Main St., and within walking distance to downtown and all the major attractions. The pool was nice and clean as well. However, when we first checked into our room it seemed that management were doing some renovations in the proximity to the lobby. I had noticed a used bar of soap left in the bathroom, and there was also a bug or two. I registered the room for two adult guests, and there were only enough towels for one. But all in all.. the room was okay. I may try someplace else next time, but would not rule out giving the place a second shot.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lexington, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

The hotel was clean, but nothing special. Staff was friendly. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall in some spots. The continental breakfast was fine...muffins, cereal, coffee, and sausage & biscuits that had to be microwaved. Great location for downtown Helen. Just a block or so from the center of downtown. Wi-fi worked great. The pool was not heated, and kind of chilly, but my 7 year old didn't mind. Beds were comfortable. We would stay here again if it was just a night or two, but probably not if we went for a long weekend to Helen.

• Liked — Distance to downtown Helen
  • Disliked — The room could've been a little nicer.
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bella Vista, Ar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

This hotel was very clean & the folks who ran it spoke very good english. A little pricey...but our stay was very nice. It is in walking distance to the shops, but not right in the middle of them. Nothing extra special, just a clean room with no extra's.

florida/georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

I stayed at the Super 8 in Helen for 3 days in Feb.

Price was a bargain and folks were nice. Tip - Sunday - Thursday is much better deal than Fri-Sat...no matter what time of year.

Not fancy, but good location and all the basics including WIFI and
frig/micro in room.

Many of the shoops and restaurants in Helen are a rip, but ask local folks...you will find good food at a reasonable price.

I love this area.

peace

elmo

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2006

My girlfriend and I wanted to have a romantic vacation in the mountains so we chose to visit Helen. I had heard from a friend to stay at the Super 8 because of its superb location and gorgeous indoor heated pool. I must say there are more reasons to stay at the Super 8 than just those two. The jacuzzi suite was huge and very nice. There is wireless internet in the room so we were able to stay in contact with work while being on vacation. And finally the staff was extremely friendly and hospitable. I will definitely return to Helen this Octoberfest and I have already reserved the same suite at the Super 8.

• Stayed December 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2005

We stayed at the not so Super 8 this September. To be more exact, my hubby stayed at the Super 8. I slept in our car. The room we were given was a virtual mold factory. Although I only saw the evidence in the bathroom, my allergies told me I had been relegated to mold hell. We had checked in but left immediately to meet a friend, not returning until 11PM .About 5 minutes later my nose told me I might be in danger and 15 minutes later I realized the nose knew. I saw no lights in the office, so in order to guard my health, I slept in our SUV. The hubby, who has had no allergies in the past, woke with a searing headache. When we checked out, the clerk acknowledged there were problems with that room in the past, but as they had no complaints recently, they thought they had been solved. They did give me a 30 dollar credit, but I believe they should have given me a larger concession. One doesn't normally thnk of a hotel room as toxic, nor book a room only to spend the night in a car!!
Super 8-I think not!!

• Stayed September 2005
Virginia Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

The reception staff was friendly but we left with numerous bed bug bites so I was not impressed. We did notice that the management used the handicap parking spaces to stop and offload supplies and as a disabled vet who could not park in a handicap slot because the management had parked their SUVs there left me with a very bad impression so never again.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Super 8 Helen GA? Share your experiences!