“bar food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 66 Restaurants in Helen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
LI NY
“bar food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Basic bar food,not bad just average.Waitress didnt know anything.where she was or who she was ,never mind about the food.

Visited April 2013

Cleveland Ga
“The food just sucks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been to Bigg Daddy's several times, but after last night we won't be back. In the past we went there, were completely ignored and got up and left the place. After a couple of years decided to try it again and went there 2 or 3 times and the food and service were great. But last night.... OMG I have never had food so bad in my life. My husband had a rice cake that I think they must take the old sushi apart and use to make the most dense and horrible thing I have ever been served in a restaurant EVER. My sushi, which last time was good, was old the nori was chewy and fishy smelling. My husband's blackened Talipia was so salty it was almost inedible. As a last ditch effort we ordered desert which we had in the past and was really outstanding. This time is was a greasy deep fried lump of heartburn waiting to happen. We took one bite apiece and told them to take it back. After all this our bill was $53.00 and to add insult to injury they actually charged $2.00 for the extra wasabi and pickled ginger I asked for. The batch of wasabi originally served was hard as a rock, how does that happen? The place is off my list after last night. Try the Nacoochee Tavern for some good food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Good food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you're looking for good tasting food and a great selection of beers, Bigg Daddy's is the place. While the service was slow, the food came out hot and delicious (the wings are big, crispy and flavorful). You have to eat there at least once while in Helen.

Visited February 2013
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I sat in the bar area and had some great drinks while listening to a local artist. The music was definitely not too loud-there was a great groove. We shared some wings with several sauces on the side (there are so many sauces to choose from!). Wings were crispy, but not greasy. Potatoes with homemade cheese whiz are a comforting indulgence! We were not disappointed. It was a great time with great food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“A good place to eat and escape the town's tourist theme”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

First off, let me say I have no affiliation with this restaurant. Any similarities in name are completely coincidental. My friends from Florida, myself and my wife stopped in on the last night of a long Oktoberfest weekend. The food was good, the service was good and the atmosphere was friendly. I really enjoyed the music selections playing, no live band. The sushi was better than average for gringo sushi and better than a lot of Japanese restaurants in north Georgia. Sushi is a specialty of mine and I have hired and worked with excellent sushi chefs. The pan seared tuna was pretty good too and cooked by someone who knew what they were doing. A good job done here by all and this will be one of my regular stops.

I have read the reviews here and I am astounded at the inaccuracies and outright stupidity. I apologize in advance for the following rant. The music was loud? Guess what...you are in a bar, read the sign before you enter. The prices were high? There are over 30 items on the menu below $10.00. What is your high water mark, MickeyDs? The service was awful so when we were done we hated everything....really? Please refer to the below area to rate each aspect of your visit individually. Rule #7, anyone who breaks out a coupon and aren't in line at Subway please refrain from commenting in this forum.

Last but not least and one of my favorite reviews...We walked in and walked right back out and would not recommend the place. The validity of that statement is highly suspect aside from being mentally arthritic.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bigg Daddy's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bigg Daddy's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.