“The place has great food, a great atmosphere, and one hell of a server in Chris.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Troll Tavern

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My family and I visited Helen for the first time during October 2011. We ate at the Troll Tavern for lunch with about fifteen of our friends and we had an incredible experience! We were greeted very promptly and the service remained impeccable. Chris suggested refillable souvenir mugs of German beer and also suggested the Wiener schnitzel and fresh Rainbow trout with lemon pepper for lunch. Our group took his suggestions and were very satisfied! The food and service we incredible! Chris had other tables as well, but he did his job effortlessly! On the river at the Troll Tavern has the best atmosphere around and quality food, beer,and service keeps us coming back My wife and I have returned to the Troll every year since 2011 and requested Chris as our server. We highly recommend the Troll!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

46% Recommend
Port Huron, Michigan
“Couldn't be more PERFECT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our expierance with my family at The Troll Tavern was the icing on the cake for our whole trip! My family and I rented a cabin for Easter weekend to get away before the kids start back to school, and I wish we lived closer because this establishment would become a weekly dinning expierance. We sat down on the river and I dont think I've ever sat so close to a river like this. Our server was PERFECT! Thanks Chris for your awesome service! Food was fantastic and our drinks ROCKED! Hope to be back in Helen next Easter!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Smyrna, Georgia
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Over-priced and not good. I got a buffalo chicken wrap that literally tasted like microwaved chicken strips, hot sauce, and lettuce. Won't eat there on my next visit.

Visited March 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Read the reviews and they didn't seem great but thought we would give it a try just for the view alone BUT we were surprised with great food. Food was YUMMY, staff was great even when slammed and view was beautiful

Visited March 2013
“Decent food, a little pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

You are definitely paying for the atmosphere right by the river. The good was good. The server seemed rushed. My family of 5 paid a bill of over $100. We ordered burgers. So, if you want atmosphere, go here. If you want better food at a decent price, check somewhere else.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere