“first night great food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
“first night great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is another restaurant that don't get enough credit because it is tucked away in the back. We ate here our first night. Started off with a Bavarian pretzel appetizer omg good and huge. The mustards were delish. I had the wurst platter and my husband had a german platter that I forget the name but after eating all weekend in Helen. We should of stayed with this restaurant. It's authentic, tasty.

Visited August 2013

Valley, Alabama
“Cute, closes Early.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice German atmosphere. Accordion player was friendly. Food was good, authentic German. Service was excellent--not sure what our server's name was, but she was able to answer all of our questions without hesitation.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Cute Bavarian style restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place reminded me of our German American Club at home. Very decorated with German steins, Knicks knacks, and photos of all the legendary German icons. Waitresses wearing dirndls is always cute. Food was very home style, and filling. The spatzle appetizer is the best thing we ate! My husband got one of the combo plates which was very large and tasty. I had a bowl of goulash, that was a bit overlooked and salty, but hit the spot. Good beer and wine list.

Visited August 2013
Summerville, United States
“Old Bavaria Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Authentic German food, ran by Germans, who speak German as well as English. The menu is extensive and the food is delicious. I suggest the sauerbraten and the 4-wurst plate.

Visited October 2012
“A disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I didn't expect the best cuisine in this fun but silly tourist town. This restaurant still managed to let me down. "German" brats were dried out, rubbery and lacking flavor. Kraut was mushy and bland. We should have followed my 4-year-old's lead and ordered a cheeseburger. Prices were on the high end, and you couldn't order any water except bottled. Dingy and dated decor. Nice waitress who discounted our bill even though we didn't have the coupon, but this didn't make up for the overall bad experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Old Bavaria Inn? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Old Bavaria Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.