“Good homestyle food.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Tunnel Hill, Georgia
“Good homestyle food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great lodge-type atmosphere here.Plenty of space to eat in and very good food. Even the dessert bar was a pleasure on this trip. If near the lodge here at Unicoi State Park you shouls partake in a meal here. They serve breakfast,lunch and dinner buffet style.

Visited November 2012

Marietta, Georgia
“See if you can eat elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Staff in the restaurant are very different. We were fortunate to work with a server who was attentive to our needs. My son wanted to try catfish, which he had never eaten. It was fried, but not greasy. He enjoyed it. I wanted a Caesar Salad, but with the dressing on the side. I was told that it was pre-mixed, and could not get it. This was not helpful to someone who has a heart attack in November. I am allowed to eat a little dressing, but I must control it. I was concerned about the freshness of the salad, because all salads should be made when ordered, not in advance. A women one table away was told she could received the Caesar with dressing on the side. My wife, daughter, and I simply looked at each other like, "Huh? Why can I not get it?" When it came to her table, she was given an apology that the dressing was pre-mixed. This was the same server who told me no just before she had ordered. Anyway, I ordered the "Giant" salad (it was). Unfortunately, the eggs were mushy, lettuce limp, and cheese too fake. My daughter had nachos. There were a lot, but the "water/juice" from the black beans had not been drained, making the nachos soggy. I am not a hard person. I just think you would do better by going into Helen and finding food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The restaurant dining staff are very friendly. Great breakfast buffet at a reasonable price $8.95), so I would assume the lunch and dinner buffet are equally good!

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We got married at the lodge and like to return here every year to celebrate our anniversary. The buffet has never disappointed, and the service has always been friendly and attentive. It's never very crowded when we're there, and I wish other people would discover this "hidden gem" in Helen so that it's sure to stay in business!

Our most recent meal (April '13) was a lunch buffet with fried chicken, pulled pork bbq, tilapia, fried okra, mashed potatoes and gravy... and many other offerings we didn't get to try because we were so full! All for $11. Terrific value and I'd recommend it to anyone!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Loganville, Georgia
“"Should have stuck with Breakfast"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and stayed a couple of nights at the lodge and tried the seafood buffet on Friday night and the breakfast the next morning. The evening meal was $16.95 for a buffet that was luke warm at best. The best part of the meal was the ice cream for desert and the sweet tea. The cakes were dry and the food generic.

The breakfast was better the next morning but I would not have wanted to pay $8.95 plus a charge for drinks. The breakfast was free since we used a Groupon so we will go again but will not pay to eat here again.

• Visited March 2013