We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helen
Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel and International Restaurant
You added Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel and International Restaurant to your Saves list
9001 Main Street, Helen, GA 30545   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Helen B&B and Inns
Tucker, GA
“Love It!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2006

This hotel was awesome!!! It is not high class, it is just layed back and relaxing. The employees were fantastic, and did anything possible to help you out. They offer continental breakfast, and I love the restaraunt. So I would say that if you are looking for a good place to stay with friendly people, this is the place to be. I would rate this hotel a 8 out of 10, the only thing it lacks is a few "updates" other than that it was a wonderful weekend! Can't wait to go again!!

• Liked — The service and hospitality and "home" feeling
  • Disliked — needed updates but not many
  • Tips/Secrets — You will enjoy it!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

First of all they charged us $120.00 up front which is odd I usually pay when I leave a hotel. When we checked in there was a fowl smell and this was a non smoking room 317. We started to get settled in, while my wife was taking a shower ( no hot water ) I was looking around the room. On the guest blanket I noticed a couple of pubic hairs. So we thought enough was enough for that price the least they could do was wash the blankets in between guest. So we went down to the office to check out all with in an one and a half hours and to see if we could get some sort of refund. We got a quick and very rude no, but offered us another blanket ( what a deal ). We informed this very friendly lady that we are well within out rights a consumer to do full charge back on our credit card. Now I might be a bit of snob I guess, but to having to ever ask for a clean blanket without any extras living on it for $120.00 is out of the question.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gainesville, Ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

We called in March to book a specific room for my wife's birthday in July. We had problems with fouled up reservations here for a New Year's Eve stay, so in May we called to confirm the July reservation. We were told that they had no record of us ever having contacted them for a reservation. They offered to correct this and we re-booked for a specific room in the single level section, king bed, riverfront with patio. Knowing the past performance of the reservation staff, we called the night before we were to arrive to again confirm our reservation. Once again, the reservation was totally different than we had requested only 5 weeks ago.
They incorrectly had us booked for Friday and Saturday night instead of Saturday and Sunday in the multi-level section of the hotel, no patio, much farther from the river, who knows what kind of bed.
This time the staff was not as agreeable, the manager, Cindy, unapologetically explained that all other rooms were booked and said all she would agree to take into consideration was the reservation in front of her. She told us that maybe if we had booked the room on the internet she might have been able to do something.
She would not agree to a discount, upgrade, or any other kind of concession due to their mishandling of our reservation not one, not two, but three times.. When I asked what their policy would be on cancellation in case we could find more suitable accomodations, her reply was that they would charge our credit card one nights lodging because we did not cancel within the three day cancellation period!!
At this point, I am not sure if we are dealing with people that just can't master the basics of taking reservations, or people that are not conducting business in good faith.
I asked Cindy to have the owner call me and I was told that she would relay the message, but there should be no expectation of a return call.
So I guess the short version of this story is that they have one of the best locations in Helen, directly on the river, but confirm, confirm, then confirm again.

• Stayed July 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2006

My wife I arrived around 9 p.m. after a longer than usual drive from central Georgia, grabbed our keys and headed for our room, preparing to freshen up and settle in for the evening. Our "first" room was a little overused by my standards, the beds were hard as a rock and the linens were well used and needed to be replaced, and the accomodations as a whole were very small considering the amount spent. As we got ready to shower, we discovered we had no hot water at all, and decided to hold off til morning to get our baths. The morning was no different, still no hot water for a shower, temperatures outside 30-40 degrees, bed hair and road grime be danged I took one in what seemed like cold mountain stream water. We left a not at the office and went into town for breakfast.
When we arrived back, the office had finally opened, sometime after 10 am, and the girl there said she had seen our not, had tried to contact her maintenance guy, and suggested we try moving to another room, so we went from Rm 317 to 318, which proved unsucessful, as it had no hot water either. Finally she offered to move us to a room downstairs Rm 305. I checked the faucet to see if there was any differnce, and the water at first appeared a little less cold, but certainly not hot by any means, and told the clerk the same, she said "great, so you'll take that room then?" My wife was able to take one short hot shower in that room, and I never had one the whole weekend. Also to top off a less than pleasant time we were having already, this room was absolutely filthy, the carpets were deeply stained, the maid obviously hadn't been around this room in a while, it looked like the previous guests had used the mantle over the fireplace as an ashtray, there was still half opened beers in the refrigerator and food splattered in the microwave, but the worst was the used towels which had been put back up on the racks in the bathroom, as clean. Yucko, I guess the last guests had had a rough go of it too. So I'd say go anywhere else in Helen, I mean anywhere for a room, but stay away from this dump, unless you don't mind a crappy room without hotwater.
But on a side note, the Hof Brau Restaurant, is an excellent place to eat, just stay away from the motel.

• Stayed February 2006
Decatur, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2005

We stayed at this motel the night of 6/25/2005. We were attending a wedding, and the bride's family had recommended the place. I had found it a little tacky on its website, but the reality was much worse.

We arrived at 4:30 (check-in was at 3:00), and the clerk initially could not find our room keys. Once she did, she told us that the room had not been cleaned "up to par" and asked us to wait a few more minutes while it was readied. When we finally got into the room (#214) about 4:45, here's what we found: our supposedly "nonsmoking" room reeked and even had an ashtray in it; there was a whole pot of cold coffee in the coffeemaker; there was a hole in the wall next to one of the light switches; the bathroom was in total disrepair (pitted, stained linoleum floor and peeling paint on the walls and ceiling); there were no bath amenities except soap; the bed linens---although clean---were threadbare and pilled; the pillows were thin and lumpy.

My husband and I travel in the US and abroad 4 or 5 times a year and stay in various kinds of hotels, some nicer than others. We know what typical room charges for different grades of accommodations should be, and we know that you (almost) never get something for nothing. But considering what we got, our "special," discounted rate of $69 at the Hofbrau was about $30 too expensive. Run away from this motel!

• Stayed June 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2005

Helen Georgia at Christmas time is a wonderful place to go if you're looking for something away from alot of people. The Hofbrau Inn is a very basic but really lovely little place to stay if you're not a snob and demand alot of attention. We were 2 of maybe 6 people staying there and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. They were closed on Christmas Day but made sure we had loads of clean towels and whatever we needed. We found the adjoining resturaunt to be excellent and full every night we ate there. There were a few other great places to eat open at this time of year. Many shops were open and had great discounts on items because of the lack of tourism. Outside your room is the lovely river rushing by and it's not a bad walk to go uptown. All in all we were so happy with our stay we're going back again this year.

• Stayed December 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2005

Helen: Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel and International Restaurant: "Keep Looking"
Date: November 26, 2004
Reviewer: A TripAdvisor Member, Macon, Georgia

The people were very nice but the hotel (actually a motel) was awful! The room was so icky I could not sleep... not to mention the loudness of traffic and a bar being so close. The furnishings were old and the bedding even had little balls from having been used for so long. We cut the trip short because of the dirtiness of the place.

This review is the opinion of a TripAdvisor user and not of TripAdvisor, Inc.

Been to Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel and International Restaurant? Share your experiences!