“I regret not having seen the reviews .....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel and International Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helen
Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel and International Restaurant
You added Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel and International Restaurant to your Saves list
9001 Main Street, Helen, GA 30545   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Helen B&B and Inns
Florida
“I regret not having seen the reviews .....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This place was terrible! We waited for a very long time for the overalls salty onion soups. Two of our dinner guests got sick, one decided not to eat what was served (fortunately that saved me!). It was expensive but the new waitress (poor thing) knew that the food was late and of poor quality. She did not want to charge us, but it was not her fault. We did pay for the horrible food but will never stop there again.

Stayed October 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hanahan, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The first room we got smelled so bad of smoke and mildew my sinus' ached. The bathroom door would not open and the door to the patio was also stuck. One of the pillows on the bed was so flat it appeared missing. The second room they "tried " to put us in smelled worse then the first.
The only positive thing I can say is that they did cancel our reservations with no charge. Had they not cancelled them, I was prepared to vomit on the reception desk where the guy was busy killing ants with his fingers! Best thing that could happen to this place is that it be torn down!

Room Tip: The Hampton Inn right around the corner was only slightly more but 100 million times nicer. It had...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We waited almost an hour for our food. The server was great and kept apologizing. The food was mediocre and all five of us ended up sick and it was the only meal we had had together all weekend so we know EXACTLY what made us sick that night!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We did t stay here, but stopped in for dinner. The service is friendly if a little chaotic, but the food is really delicious. Not many beers to choose from, but what we had was great and fresh.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This place is so rotten we should have turned around and walked out upon our arrival. When we first arrived we walked into the office which STUNK of smoke. We walked into our room and the smell of something was disgusting. The carpet was dank, the bathroom tub was stained with something and the door to the bathroom looked as though rats had knawed at it. I regret not walking out and throwing the key into the river. My child and I ended up with the stomach flu after staying here, coincidence? I think not. This place needs to be torn down and turned into a cheap parking lot. FIRST CLASS DIVE.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

A motel..in the 'best' sense. Wanted a small, motel experience to stay at over Thanksgiving while visiting family who where camping. I think camping would have been a comparable experience but it is what you pay for.

Got a room on the river with a nice swing outside overlooking the water. It was what we needed. Nothing more and nothing less. Chose the place because they took small dogs. The room was old, rundown, and in need of capital improvements. Very 70's look. Bathroom was the worst of the room. But workable. Just needs some maintenance. Price was okay. They worked with me and made it tolerable for the time of year and the quality.

Location is okay. Its on the edge of the mainstreet town. So you have to walk a few blocks to the shops, restaurants, etc.

The motel restaurant was a hoot. Very 'german' style pub with a chain smoking bartendress. Very funny. At least the beer was good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This place is very old and rundown. Mold in the bathroom. Bathroom tile coming up. Paint peeling off the wall. The smell was unbelievable. Insectacide smell was so strong that I was convinced that no bugs could survive. We were worried about ourselves surviving. The smell in the bathroom was even stronger. I'm not sure what it was, but I think it was disinfectant. The smell was so bad that using the facility actually improved the odor. I paid almost $150.00 dollars for one night. They should have paid me to stay there. It is the worst hotel/motel that I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Stay at one of the chains. There is a Ramada, a Quality Inn, and a Hampton Inn in Helen. Go with o...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel and International Restaurant? Share your experiences!