“Our Favorite ( Only) Place to Stay In Helen, GA” 5 of 5 stars

Riverbend Motel & Cabins
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   134 River Street, Helen, GA 30545   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Wellford
“Our Favorite ( Only) Place to Stay In Helen, GA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visit Helen GA at least 4 times a year. This is the only place we stay. Mark and Geeta do everything they can to make it a good experience. The rooms are nicely furnished, clean, and so comfortable. Housekeeping is prompt, thorough, and accomodating. Once we park we can walk everywhere. LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Room Tip: We have been fortunate to make reservations far enough in advance that we always get the same room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark M, Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words Me and Geeta are cerainly pleased that you always enjoying our facilities , We sincerely hope to be best hospitality and service again on your next visit
Thanks (Mark)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Always stay at the Riverbend Motel! The owner is great! He even squeezed us in his last available room because we were a walk in. The bed was so comfortable! The room was very clean! We've been staying there for years in summer and winter! It's a great location to walk around down town without paying for parking! The rooms are newly remodeled and very nice!

• Stayed February 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoy stay at riverbend , I sincerely hope that if you or any of your friends coming to helen ga , I can again be of service.
Thanks Again (Mark)
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I visit Helen a few times a year, and what makes my little getaways feel so much better is the management and staff @ The Riverbend Motel and Cabins. The accommodations are so clean and well keep.it's in the perfect location to down town and walking distance to most things. Management is awesome. They are so friendly and the recommendations of owner Mark are very reliable. I recommend anyone who plans on a visit to Helen, is to stay at The Riverbend establishments. It will make your stay 100 % better. Thank you Mark for making my stay so memorable. Kim Stargell, Greenwood,SC

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mark M, Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thankyou so much for the great review, its is always a pleasure to make guest have a
memorable vacation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed Feb.9th in cabin #8 it was real nice & clean we had every thing we needed loved being able to set on the couch & pull curtins back & watch the river so peaceful even though it was just for one night we still enjoyed our selves. Its very convenient to down town & walking distance to most things. We love going to Helen we at least go 4,5 times a year when my husband gets some time off from work we always stay with Mark & Gidia they r wonderful & very nice we always have enjoyed every time that we have stayed there we stay in both placeses cabin or motel they both r very nice & clean and Mark always make sure u have every thing u need & makes sure u have a pleasant stay I would recommend this place to anyone if u wont real nice & kind people & great rooms & cabins that r real nice & clean & very close to town so go & check out River Bend Cabins & Motel see (Mark) my husband & I stayed Feb.9,2013 loved loved loved it awsome awsome place to stay & very friendly & nice owners!!!! :)

• Stayed February 2013
Thankyou so much for your wonderful review of our hotel, we contantly strive to provide a
BEST experience to every guest who comes to our hotel, Again thanks and have a wonderful day.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Management was the most friendly I've experienced at any other motel or hotel period. The grounds were prestine and the location is great. It happened to snow the weekend I was there which made it all the more beautiful. Very short walk (<5 min) to the main strip and the river is literally right there. Rooms were very well maintained and I thought the beds were very comfortable. It was evident that this motel is different from a motel chain in that great care went into making sure the rooms were kept in great shape and furnished with very nice furniture.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has best view of river.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark M, Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us I want to thankyou for such wonderful feedback
once again thankyou and hope to see you soon.
Mark
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A last minute getaway from the city life in Atlanta landed my boyfriend and I in Helen, GA. The Riverbend Motel & Cabins was the perfect location to stay for someone unfamilar with the town. Aside from the owner, Mark, being so helpful with recommendations and direction; it was from walking distance to everything you needed for a great time. Cute shops, friendly locals, and beautiful scenary. We stopped into the "Jerk House" located on the same road as our motel, and bought some delicious jerky; and met the sweetest dog, Moose. We walked up the main road less than a half a mile to the nearest package store and was able to snag some wine before heading to dinner at Paul's. I read mixed reviews about the restaurant, but we were not in the mood to have German food (which was what was served in most other restaurants around) so decided to try it out ourselves. I had a crabcake dinner and my boyfriend enjoyed some grilled shrimp and fried oysters. Our server Rachel was friendly, and our dinner was served in a timely manner. Yes, the prices are higher than norm, but I feel like because I was on "vacation" it's always okay to "splurge". When we got to Paul's we noticed there was a seperate bar area with Live Music; so after dinner we were kind of enough to be invited to check it out, thanks to Ms. Linda at the front counter. This bar was definitely full of locals, but again, they were fun and friendly! During our site seeing we noticed a place called "Club Escape" so we made a mental note to go and check it out, so we left Paul's but it ended up being a very young, ghetto crowd. We went back to finish our night at Paul's. On arrival to the Riverbend Motel, after checking in and getting settled; we received a courtesy call from Mark at the front desk to make sure we were satified with our room. We got a king size bed that was super comfortable, a fridge was available for our water, spirits, and snacks; and the bathroom was fine. On our day of departure while getting our bags into the car Mark just happen to be out on the property and was kind enough to ask us if we enjoyed our trip, and thanked me by my name. I thought that was just the most friendliest and kind thing of a business. I will definitely book all of my Helen visits at the Riverbend Motel & Cabins! Enjoy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark M, Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I Appreciate your comment and your kind words,We are always trying our best to go above and beyond and create a good customer service and more value for your money.
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Inn keepers were friendly and helpful. If you like staying close to the water this is the place for you. In the summer you could get in the river you are so close. Beautiful view from our room. The room was very clean and updated. Bed was great. I would stay again. Oh yes, right in town nice just ot park car and walk to everything.

Room Tip: Rooms on top, 3rd floor have best view of river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thankyou very much for utilizing trip advisor to review our hotel regarding your recent stay with us, we always make our guest feel at home and we will do our best.
Thankyou (Mark)

Been to Riverbend Motel & Cabins? Share your experiences!