“Had fun on the Chattahoochee!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Bodies of Water, Outdoors
Activities: Swimming
Harvest, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
“Had fun on the Chattahoochee!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Had a great time tubing on this river!Very clean and beautiful!Me and my sister spent several relaxing hours floating down the river.Had some laughs too.This river is calm enough for young children to tube down.We plan on bringing our grandkids here for a fun time of tubing with them.Difinitly a gem for Helen and the state of Georgia.

Visited August 2012

Doraville, Georgia, United States
18 attraction reviews
“Fun & Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I like driving north of Helen and driving up the mountain to the head waters of the river. Great scenery.

Suwanee, Georgia
“Fishing The Hooche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We like the trout fishing in the Helen area and make several trips up there each year.

Visited June 2012
Palm Harbor, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Good family fun, be prepared”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Bring a stick - check
Wear water shoes - check
Good family fun - check

We went in the middle of July and on a Saturday around 3pm. So, yes the river was crowded. With that said, the water felt great and was clear. The water level was low so you are going to get stuck on rocks. Sometimes I could push off with a stick and be off again, other times I needed to get out of the tube and push or pull us free.

There were 5 of us (2 adults and kids 10, 13, 15), so we were given straps to attach to each other. We took the shorter ride that took about an hour to an hour and a half. We really enjoyed it and had fun but you need to know this:

It was as much work for me (Dad) as it was relaxing. I spent a lot of time pulling us free as well as helping other people. You do get bumped and do bump others. It is unavoidable and everyone we ran into in general was nice. Others help us as well. So, I wasn't so relaxed at the end due to the extra work. No laying around for me.

Don't get me wrong, I would do it again. It was alot of fun.

Cleveland, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
“Come to the HOOCH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Alan Jackson made this river famous with his song, which made him rich. This scenic river is popular for tubing. On hot summer days, it looks like wall to wall tubes as people come down and through downtown Helen.