“Rude & Dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Helen B&B and Inns
Germanton,NC
“Rude & Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2005

This place is dirty & over run! If you're looking for a memorable place, with "good" memories, stay clear of this place! We drove in from NC to Helen, GA to attend my Son's wedding in the nearby Chapel. My Son, his bride-to-be, their 2 small children and the bride-to-be's parents all planned to meet at the Alpine Village Inn. The plan was for her parents and us to change clothes just before the wedding, not to stay. After the wedding, we were leaving with the 2 children. When my husband & I arrived at the Alpine Village Inn we asked at the desk what room they were in, we just wanted to let the couple know we had arrived, and to change clothes for the wedding. The "man", whom we found out later was the owner, started yelling at me saying that we would have to leave, as well as the couple who had already checked in. I told him we would go some place else to change instead. He said it didn't matter, he wanted EVERYONE gone. I again explained that we would not change there and would leave. It didn't matter to him. The bride-to-be tried to talk to the man, but he would not listen and just screamed at her as well. She was to be married in 45 minutes and had no place to change. My husband and I quickly found them a room at the Day's Inn who were more than happy to accomodate us. Stay away from Alpine Inn! The pictures & description are deceiving!

• Stayed August 2005

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2005

My fiance and I decided to get married in Helen, GA; August 20, 2005; we live about 2 hrs away. We made a few trips to the chapel and tried a few restaurants and everything was good, I made an email inquiry to make sure the availibility lined up and it did, I was sent a generic response email with a phone number to call to make the reservation..I did so and thought all was good, the little OLD lady that takes the reservations "seemed" real nice. The day comes and we are on our way there to get married, we get there just after 3pm and there is NO ELECTRICITY, seems there was an accident in town, and the power had already been off for more than 2 hours The heat index was 110 degrees. When I made the reservation I explained we were getting married and that our parents and children would be changing clothes in our room, but NOT staying, just attending our wedding, scheduled at 5pm. The man in the office that I later find out is the husband of the little old lady, starts yelling at my future mother-in-law saying that I lied, I don't have permission to have that many people in my room, They exchanged words and she came in and let me know -"The old man said we have to leave, he's kicking us out" So I went to the office to find out what had happened and the old man stood and pointed in my face and said "You're not worth the aggrivation, Get out of here" We did nothing wrong, only trying to change clothes and get to the chapel on time. This is @45 minutes before the wedding is set to start, I am absolutley upset and crying at this point. I am 31 years old and have never been kicked out of any where, not too mention on my wedding day, the memory of that angers me. My point is this place is not as it seems and so run down, the grass was over grown, and trash by the rooms and very misleading as to what they advertise themselves to be online(The pictures I saw online are actually the property down the street)...Do not fall for these people, they are rude and dirty and ignorant in their words and actions that day, Don't give them the chance to ruin any memories your trying to make. Don't waste your time or money staying here, you will regret it, sooner or later. *We ended up staying at Days Inn. I would NOT rate this hotel as a "one".

• Stayed August 2005
Martinez, GA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Alpine Village Inn during New Years. The little lady at the front desk was sooo very nice. The rooms have furniture that may be a little dated, but the beds were so comfortable. It's very homey, and directly across the street from the Chattahoochee River. We just walked across the street and had a picnic right on the water. We will definetly stay here again!

Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2005

On December 28, 2004, I wanted to go on a short vacation. I decided that Helen, Georgia was close to home and it was a good time to visit there for the first time. I picked the Alpine Village Inn, due to the location, price, their website and their brochure.

When I arrived it was late and I was tired. The plan was for me to stay for 5 nights. When I got to the room, it just looked like it needed to have a good cleaning. There were clothes in the dresser drawer, the microwave had popcorn kernals left inside. Things you would think a cleaning person would not miss. You got the feeling that someone had just left the room. I just cried. During the night I slept on top of the comforter.

In the morning when I saw the office light go on I checked out. I am planning on going to Helen again, but I am staying clear of the Alpine Village Inn.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

This is the place if you just want to relax and take it easy. Very nice rooms, reasonable rates, very nice folks. It is American owned and operated. Just across the street from the river with tubing and trout fishing. Quite small garden area to relax in at night and just set and talk play cards or whatever you would tables and chairs for eating out side. Some of the rooms have small kitchen areas.
Check it out we thank you will like it.

Bill and Janie

• Stayed January 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2003

There is no finer place to spend your down time in Helen than the Alpine Village Inn.It is like home away from home.Clean,clean,clean.And the reason you are there ..........the beds ....are like sleeping on clouds.The owners are like your own family.If you stay you won't stay anywhere else.........Diane & Shane

Been to Alpine Village Inn of Helen Georgia? Share your experiences!