“Wow!! Phyllis L.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Buford, Georgia
“Wow!! Phyllis L.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here Christmas last year & location was great. Staff was very friendly upon arrival. So I wanted to come back so we stayed here again on February 8. We checked in & Dana greeted us as if she had meet us before. I told her we had an additional guest, she upgraded my room to a suite with no question. I would stay here everytime I visit Helen & I highly recommend Country Inn & Suites. Breakfast was superb!! Full course complimentary HOT breakfast. Housekeeping staff was great & room was very clean.

• Stayed February 2014
CountryInnHelen, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Helen, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Phyllis-
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your time with us at Country Inn and Suites. It truly means a lot to all of our staff that y'all had a great time. This will give me an opportunity to recognize each and everyone of them. We are so glad that you will stay with us when you come back our way. It was so nice to have met you and I hope the next time you come to town you will close down the Hayloft- I know how much you enjoy the Hayloft. We look forward to seeing y'all again real soon!!

Sincerely-
Dana W. Bates

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here overnight on way to pigeon forge. Hotel was very nice and front staff was very helpful and friendly. Lobby had some yummy cookies. Breakfast was very good with various hot items and best of all complimentary. Stayed during the off season was upgraded to a corner fireplace rm with an internet rate of 74 dollars. I would recommend this place ...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CountryInnHelen, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Helen, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I mention our staff I will get an opportunity to recognize each and everyone of our employees for a job well done. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see y'all again when you come back our way.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Friendly staff at front desk and breakfast . Plenty to eat, clean rooms,pool and within walking distance to all attractions. Quiet rooms in the king master suite with mini fridge and microwave. Two tv in each room and large bathroom. Pullout coach in front room allowed us to stretch out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CountryInnHelen, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Helen, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Jeff-
Thank you so much for writing about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. It means the world to all of us at Country Inn and Suites. Thank you for mentioning our staff, this will give me the opportunity to recognize them all. We are so glad that you enjoyed your accomodations and hope that y'all come back to see us real soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Arrived late on Thursday evening was greeted by nice staff member. Breakfast had lots of choices. Very clean rooms with nice size bathroom. staff is very accommodating and very friendly. Great hospitality. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CountryInnHelen, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Helen, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you so much for writing about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. It truly means alot to all of our staff that you guys enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with all of our staff and thank you for mentioning what a great job they all have done. This gives me an opportunity to recognize each and everyone of them. We all hope to see y'all again when you come back our way.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is my first trip to Helen Georgia. A friend from my work told me it's a wonderful tourist town, she said she had just gotten back from a week there and it was the most relaxing trip she'd ever been on. My husband and I and our 4 year old daughter checked in about 9.00 PM. The staff service seemed lacking. They acted like they were annoyed with us. When we got to our room, I could tell that it was going to be hard to stay comfortably for 4 days. When you have a 4 year old daughter who likes to run around and play, it's hard to do that in this hotel! This room is the size of shoebox! The bed sheets were tarnished with cigarette ashes. The carpet had cigarette burns deep in it. Something RED was splattered around the bathroom sink. I pray that it wasn't blood.... If you sleeping at this hotel be sure when you return home to make a appointment to the chiropractor! The beds are terribly uncomfortable. Not mention hardly slept at all due to the paper thin walls in this hotel! I heard people next door carrying on a normal conversation,( but at 4.00 in the morning?) Breakfast was mediocre and cold. I complained to the manager about our experience over the phone the next day. All he did was apologize and hung up. As the title of my review says, THIS PLACE SHOULD NOT EVEN HAVE THE COUNTRY INN & SUITES NAME!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Country Inn & Suites Helen, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service.

We are also sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. To discuss the rest of your stay further, let us know.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Nice folks at the checkin-in desk. Upgraded our room at no charge. Thank you.
Accommodations were fine. Beds were comfortable. But the bathroom not cleaned well. Hairs in tub and on floor. Soap residue on fixtures and mirror. Our room was near the pool and the NOISE made sleep difficult until after midnight!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CountryInnHelen, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Helen, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you for letting me know the situations that occurred during your stay. Only through the guest eyes can I make improvements to better service and accommodate all of our guest. I sincerely apologize that these things happened during your stay and I would like to assure you that I will work diligently to address these issues. We do hope that you guys will visit us again when you come back our way.

Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel far exceeded our expectations. The location was perfect to downtown shopping and nearby restaurants. Breakfast was excellent. The staff were family accommodating, especially having to work during the holidays. My girls and I especially enjoyed the complimentary hot chocolate, variety of hot tea, coffee and delicious cookies as we entered the lobby after a cold day of shopping!

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms would be fine!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnHelen, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Helen, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recognizing our staff for their hard work during the holidays. We are so glad that you got to experience our family atmosphere, each and every one of us truly want every guest to feel like they are coming back home. We all hope to see y'all when come back this way.
Dana W. Bates

Been to Country Inn & Suites Helen? Share your experiences!