“Good Food - Reasonably Priced” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Atlanta
“Good Food - Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The inside is a little rough looking but the food and wait staff are great. The prices are reasonable and the food choices are also good.

Visited October 2013

57% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pretty good BBQ and to die for peach cobbler!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a weekly lunch visit for our office. The peach cobbler is the absolute best thing on the menu! Typically I order the pulled pork sandwich, baked beans and peach cobbler. I love the sweet and savory rib sauce and I have never had any problems with the pulled pork. I do wish they had baked potatoes and a few more side dishes to choose from. I have also tried the 1/4 smoked chicken plate and it has always been very good. Just a nice, quick place to go for lunch without breaking the bank and still getting pretty good food. Service is always great and the people are very friendly!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Really a 3 1/2 on the rating scale, for now.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I happened to be driving past Hambones last week (for the first time) and decided to give it a try. The parking lot was full, so that was a good sign. The customer "flow" is a little odd in that you will have to figure out how to order if there's no one in front of you, but the food was on my table in no time! Here's my take: The staff was friendly and, since I arrived around 11:15, I beat the lunch crowd "rush". I asked the cashier what was his favorite(s) on the menu. He suggested the pork or beef brisket. I got a pork sandwich and the beans for the (included) side item. The pork was "chopped" rather than the "pulled" I am used to getting. (It seems a lot of Georgia BBQ is served "chopped") Anyway, it was not served with sauce over it, rather, different sauces are on the table and you pick your own. That took a little of the potential "character" out of the pork, in my opinion. The beans? Excellent! I like beans that are served with some ground beef in them and these "hit the spot"! The sauces were good. Both vinegar sauces were offered mild or hot, and a more sweet, tomato-based, sauce was a third option.
I will eat here again to try the brisket and because the crowd was so large. I will offer them a 3 1/2 on the scale after the first visit and will revisit this review if the brisket is as good as they say.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Quick BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food is good for the price and the homemade always fresh french fries are delicious. They get you in and out of there with no problem and you food is always not and fresh. I like the variations of BBQ that they offer. I mix the hot and the sweet to get my favorite combination. My favorite item is the chopped chicken. Gotta have it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great BBQ and Homemade French Fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I love the food at Hambones. Could use a little TLC and carpet cleaning-----but the food is excellent!.

• Visited September 2012