“Nasty” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
atlanta georgia
“Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Tacky chairs, cheap, wobbly booths, the wine selection was slim and overpriced. I believed I ordered the kafta, a lamb and beef blend formed into meatballs, and they were overspiced. Waitresses are civil, to say the best. The owner, goodness, he would not leave us alone. "oh its your first time here? let me stand at your table and spew my horrible breath all over you! and let me talk and talk so you can't order." I would not return to this restaurant. EVER.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Chicken Lasagna & Steak Spaghetti”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I enjoy Margo's. We always order the chicken lasagna (which I don't believe is on the menu) and the steak spaghetti. It never fails, we end up taking home half for lunch the next day. Margo's needs to consider updating and cleaning up a bit, but I can tolerate when they offer yummy food. I went with a group of 10 ladies last week and were served and back at work within an hour.

Visited June 2012
Georgia
“Just the place you are looking for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have driven past this place a hundred times at least. The exterior is certainly not boastful. Thank goodness that they recently catered a luncheon at my office, because I have fallen in love with this restaurant!

The staff was super friendly and attentive. My wife and I were made to feel very much welcomed. Because it was our first visit, they were kind enough to offer us a complimentary treat of humus and flatbread, both of which had to be made there. The bread offered with the meal was fresh and still quite warm. What they lacked in size, they more than made up for in flavor. I found the smaller size to be more like a tidy dinner roll.

When the food arrived, the portions were generous and well presented. The red sauce was very flavorful and was alive with wonderful Mediterranean herbs. The noodles were perfectly done and not over cooked, and the meats were succulent and satisfying. We were offered desert, but I was full from the meal. If I had one complaint, it would be that they did not have a cannoli. A good cannoli is so hard to find! I would have ordered half a dozen to take home.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

The owner is very nice and helpful.great service and good food. The decor is old and lacks curb appeal, but the food makes up for it.

Southern New Jersey
“Great Food, Friendly Service, Good Prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stopped at Margo's in Griffin, GA and we were pleasantly surprised how good it was. Two of us had the meat lovers lasagna, one had a chicken dish and I had spaghetti with meatballs. The sauce was outstanding, the rolls were served fresh & hot and the salad was made with fresh ingredients. All for under $50. WIll stop again when returning to Georgia.

• Visited March 2012