“IFFY CLIENTEL, NOT SECURE ENOUGH.” 2 of 5 stars

Griffin Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1616 North Expressway, Griffin, GA 30223-1273   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
Arizona
“IFFY CLIENTEL, NOT SECURE ENOUGH.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

Overall it was ok. I felt that for the rate, however, it wasn't what I expected. The pool is seasonal outdoor so of no use to us. During our 2 day stay my husband commented several times about the appearance of some of the clientel there. The rooms are outside entrance and I often felt uncomfortable turning my back on the parking lot to unlock our door. Most of the time my husband was with me so I was ok. I got whistles and whoops from onlookers when he wasn't though. Next time we will look for indoor corridors and something catering more toward business people. Seems more secure.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2008

I was very pleased with my trip to this motel. It is very clean and the people there are very nice.
U wukk be back to this one in Griffin

• Liked — The wonderful rooms
  • Disliked — Checkout
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

Clean room, amenities ok, bed comfortable, self serve breakfast fine, good coffee. These are the things we all expect and this Best Western met those. We experienced a few problems. While staying here on March 8, 2008, my wife and I laying in bed watching TV kinda late and also tired from a day of traveling and going to the NASCAR race, someone opens the door with a key card. I had the latch engaged to prevent any entry, the person closed the door and left. We were surprised of course but nothing bad happened, I waited a few minutes, and called the front desk. The person at the Front Desk seemed to know what happened and apologized that the maintenance man was checking heaters in the rooms and did not realize our room was occupied. My thought was someone should have called me to explain this. The next night, Sunday, March 9 another guest tries to gain entry into our room, I got up to see what was going on, the person told me the Front Desk had given him the card key for my room number. Not good.

This being race weekend and having gone for many years to Atlanta Motor Speedway, I try to book many months in advance thru AAA for best prices, knowing the gouging that goes on. I had booked this room, knowing the rate I was going to pay. Upon check-out, I was advised my 2 night stay was $285 dollars more than what I had made the reservation. Thankfully I had a copy of the reservation confirmation with rates and dates and after some conversation with the nice front desk person, she agreed to the rate I expected to pay.

This first trip to the Best Western in Griffin, Ga is also my last trip. BE CAREFULL out there travelers.

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — the confusion over my bill
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

The hotel is in griffin, just down the street from a huge block of similar class motels. No real frills, but clean and friendly staff. The decor is a bit dated, and the "suite" i stayed in is most likely the same as a standard king room, but with those obnoxious 4 ft "walls" that apparently make it a two room suite. All in all, a good value, and probably a good choice among the limited options in griffin GA

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2006

I loved my stay at Best Western. It is so clean and nice. The front Desk people are so nice and helpful. It is rare to find a motel so clean.

Been to Griffin Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Griffin Hotel

Address: 1616 North Expressway, Griffin, GA 30223-1273
Location: United States > Georgia > Griffin
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
Hotel Class:2 star — Griffin Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Griffin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Griffin
Griffin Best Western

If you own or manage Griffin Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.