“Better deal than Holiday Inn Express next door” 5 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1906 N Expressway, Hwy 19-41, Griffin, GA 30223   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
UK
“Better deal than Holiday Inn Express next door”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I have stayed a number of times in Griffin on business and normally at the Holiday inn next door . However the last two times I have stayed has been here .Previously the hotel was called the Iris and has now joined the Quality /Comfort brand . There has been no real change in the facilities or the standard since the brand change. The rates are so much better than holiday inn and unless you need a pool no real difference in the quality. Rooms are very spacious and an added benefit here is they have dedicated smokers rooms . I managed a suite at no additional charge for my last stay. Result....
Staff are friendly and most helpful to outsiders and european travellers .The hotel is a hotel rather than what I would consider a motel such as the hampton or howard johnson.
TV is a little limited but no different from regular found in other hotels .Breakfast is buffet and although not european standards adequate .
Beds are made every day and extremely big .Rooms are Air con'd , a little noisy but far quieter than other US hotel rooms of this standard .
The hotel has all the requirements for a travelling businessman /woman with hi speed internet ( non firewalled I add ) ,fridge , microwave and spacious cupboards. Decor is relaxed and reasonable and in good condition .
Bathroom has good pressure showers and a bath.
Hotel is situated within walking distance of some great restaurants ( up the hill ) and Walmart . ( not as close as Howard Johnson but not that much further ) .
Choice between Holiday Inn and this is a no brainer for me ....
I will update my entry on the Holiday inn .....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
sepertine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

I was looking for a suite to have a sleepover for my daughter and a few friends. I had previously book Holiday Inn but they ended up trying to charge me more than what we originally agreed to. So, I saw this one next door and got the most pleasant surprise. The staff was not only friendly but very accommodating and helpful. I was able to have refreshments for my daughters party in the breakfast room and the suite we booked was very roomy and clean. The breakfast served the next morning was very tasty with a good variety of choices...beats Waffle House! Even though this hotel does not have a pool, their courtesy makes up for that in the long run. I have and will continue to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I have stayed at nearly every motel in this general area. I was not excepting to stay here this night but had a migraine headache and could not travel any further this night. The lady behind the desk took me to the breakfast room and gave me some orange juice and let me sit awhile in the dark. Great customer service, rooms clean, housekeeping very friendly. Had a king size bed, very roomy, cable, has internet, weight room, continetal breakfast, you have to walk in building to get to your room, "YOU FEEL SAFER", They have an elevator if you have "limitations" and cannot use the stairs.I was very impressed, prices good will definetly return. I would recommend this place before any others in this area. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

A very well maintained and managed, independently owned property. Although it lacks a pool, that small drawback is far outweighed by it's very friendly and helpful staff, clean & spacious rooms, continental breakfast, free high-speed internet and reasonable room rates. I originally planned on staying 4 nights while on business in Atlanta and visiting friends in Griffin, but ended up spending an extra night because I was so comfortable there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I was a little hesitant when I made my reservations due to the website for this hotel. It was nothing like I had experienced before, VERY basic. I received confirmation and figured I was set. I found out later that there was a HUGE biker rally in town and was in fact lucky to have even gotten a room.

After checking in I checked out my room. It was a double queen on the second floor. I walked in and the AC had the room COLD...not cool...COLD. I knew right then I was going to like this place.

All of the rooms are accessed my an air conditioned interior corridor with room access via the lobby or keyed access from two side doors.

They advertise wireless internet but I couldn't get a signal. There was a cable line at the desk and the speed was great.

Bed was comfortable and the bath room clean and roomy. Room had a microwave/fridge combo.

I will defiantly stay again.

Only negatives are: I lift weights.....they only had cardio equipment ( not a real problem). And you only get enough bathroom towels and cups for the number of nights you are staying. I'm sure more or available if needed. Upon checkout I had to request a receipt for my stay. These are real "nit picky" things that aren't really an issue for me.

Pricing was very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
jonesboro, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

staff is very nice and friendly. very clean, updated, free cont. bkfast, great rates. awesome rooms, big kitchens, big beds, great location. can stay daily or weekly. no pets allowed and there isnt a pool but the rest more than makes up for that!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

There is no pool and if they had one it would make them perfect for family and travelers. Even without the pool, all the rest was great. Awesome customer service. Great housekeeping. clean and quiet with all the necessary amenities. We will be back and will stay here again.

• Liked — clean and quiet
  • Disliked — no pool- no pets
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!