“Decent” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The front desk was very nice, and we were able to find the hotel easily. It is inexpensive, and we were there for a wedding. The room smelled a little moldy, but it dissipated when the air was on. The bed was very comfortable, and perfectly adequate for our brief stay. The carpet is terrible, red and yellow, but it was clean and appeared new. The bathtub was a little dirty/stained. For the price it was great, and for the middle of nowhere, it was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I came into town for a funeral and I really chose a fine place for my family to reside in Griffin, GA.

I am a GERM-A-PHOBE and I've never stayed at a Comfort Inn before...I was pleased, mostly!

1. The service at this location is EXCELLENT. Everyone is friendly, quick to attend to your needs and always smiling. Even late at night when Julia was clearly tired, she made sure that a little situation got fixed and was very apologetic (I hope Julia remembers to let the manager know my suggestions). Housekeeping was so kind to my grandmother to take care of a situation even though they were clearly off for the day and headed out the door, I was really impressed because she helped with a smile and it was genuine.

2. The hotel price is a great value and the service is that of a high-end 4 star hotel.

3. My room was on the second floor and it was quiet. I slept like a baby and for a mama with 5 children who is out of town for a funeral, whose room was by the elevator-that is saying a lot. The beds are very comfortable and the pillows were fine. They offered plenty of pillows so I stacked them for my sleeping style.

4. The rooms were clean and the hallways smelled fresh. I also used the small fitness facility and it was clean & organized. I was surprised to find a fitness room here so that is a plus!

5. Locations is about 1 hour outside of the Atlanta when considering traffic. If you have no intention of going to Atlanta then location is great & they have plenty of restaurants in the area. If you are looking for a hotel in Griffin, you likely already know the drive to ATL & are ok with it!

6. The breakfast area was well arranged, the food was plentiful & tasty and there were many selections.

I wanted give a special thank you to Miranda and Brandy-Their customer service is superb and it's not fake either. They truly love what they do and they love people-the two perfect ingredients for hotel management!!! Thank you ladies & God Bless!

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor if possible
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here 4/19/13. I normally would not stay in a Comfort Inn; we have not had good experiences with the brand (Days, Quality, etc.) in general but based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, we chanced it. After all, it's #1 for the city . . . Our room was on the first floor. The property was clean and updated, the breakfast adequate, staff friendly, but we were awake most of the night with people running around incessantly - down our hall, on the upper floors, maybe even in the parking lot - until 3 AM or so. Between that and the road noise (the hotel is not far off a major road, as are all of the hotels along this section) and the person above us throwing a ball against the wall, letting it bounce off the floor, catching it and repeating (I thought someone was bowling in that room, to be honest), we had a miserable stay. We will not be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Phenix City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This is why my wife and I stay at Comfort Inn and Suites. The room was not only spacious but extremely clean, odor free, quiet and comfortable like home. The staff met every need, the morning breakfast was as good if not better than going out to any breakfast type restaurant. Especially important was the quantity of electrical outlets to allow cell phone and iPads to be recharged simultaneously. The only drawback is the ongoing road construction by the state and county and as we know that is beyond their control. Saying that, they keep their in/out drives clear and clean of debris as possible.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Opelika, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My company has been hosting an event in Griffin for 8 years now and we always bring a large group of people to stay the night prior to the event. We have always stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites and have never even considered staying elsewhere. Year after year we experience the same friendly service, cleanliness, and quality that we have come to expect there. The rooms are better than ever as they have recently been completely refurbished with all new furnishings, linens, and mattresses. You can't go wrong with this hotel!

Room Tip: The kitchen suites are huge and worth the extra money if you have a family or are staying for an ext...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

this hotel was a very great place to stay. me and wife are moving to this area and spent the night at Comfort Inn
We were impressed with the upgraded lobby and even more so with the spacious, immaculate and well-appointed decor in our room. The bed was comfortable (and to die for), flat-screen T.V. a plus, lighting and work space better than most, relaxing chair and ottoman, microwave, refrigerator, etc. The "deluxe continental breakfast" was extensive and better than most.
were really liked the staff Miranda (morning), Julia (Night Clerk) and Ms Janice in the breakfast area. they all help us in every way.we will return to stay with them when we go back to finalize and close our new house.
we really want to thank each of them for making our stay a very pleasant experience.
and Hope to see them when we return.
Thanks, John & Jo-Anne

Room Tip: you won't go wrong staying here it was very nice place to stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Smyrna, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My business partner and I have been working in Griffin off and on since September, 2012 and this hotel has been perfect. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and updated. Very comfortable beds and even more so now since they have updated the beds to have pillow tops. Breakfast is average - but the staff, cleanliness and comfort of the hotel, and price make this a really great stay. We began to feel that the staff was family!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!