“Fabulous everywhere you turn!” 5 of 5 stars

$50 Resort Credit Daily
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersGold level
Vail, Colorado
“Fabulous everywhere you turn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

My boyfriend, parents, grandmother and family friends all went to this amazing property for a surprise 60th birthday gathering for my mother; it was flawless from pre arrival to actually stepping on-property! I worked with Danielle from Guest Relations to set up all of our plans and she was so sweet and easy to work with...she always went above and beyond to make our stay memorable! The Front Drive staff was SO friendly and offered wonderful recommendations for what to order when dining off-property Friday night! The main surprise was Saturday night when we had dinner on-property in the PDR and Chef came out to wish my Mother a happy birthday and treated us all with a tasty surprise! Many of our guests had never been to The Ritz-Carlton, Reynolds Plantation and vowed to return this summer as the staff and facilities were amazing! I would definitely recommend any type of celebration at this hotel as the staff will truly make sure it is memorable for all of your guests!

Oh, and a personal favorite both Friday and Saturday night was the live entertainment in the Lobby!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Attended Masters tournament last year as anniversary surprise for my husband. Willing to travel one hour to & from Augusta for fabulous stay at Ritz. Room rate of $700! Room felt more like airport property than lodge. Housekeeping was non existent . Bathroom faucets were disgusting. Glasses/mugs were never cleaned or replaced, but returned to their tray as if cleaned (complete with residual fingerprints). Amenities nonexistent. Six night stay required requests for shampoo, coffee, towels daily. Spa in disrepair and tired looking. Restaurant at pool dirty with bad food.Complaints in the form of mailed letter to President of company, email and phone call never acknowledged. Terrible experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Athens, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

This trip was the most recent of numerous trips to the Ritz on Lake Oconee. This is a wonderful property that has to be one of the best lodges in the Southeast. The only similar feel might be at the Grove Park in Asheville. The fire was burning constantly in the lobby that provided many comfortable chairs for lounging. The rooms are good sized and comfortable. The food is quite good also. This property is around 10 years old and beginning show some age and will likely be freshened soon. Don’t get me wrong, this is a great location just showing a little hotel as most resorts do before receiving some freshening. I am sure the economy the last few years has made capital for renovations tight in all locations. This is a great hotel in a beautiful part of the state and one of the most romantic settings around, can’t wait to return.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

My trip here was okay. The rooms are nice the showers are way too small, but the lakeview is worth the money. The staff throughout the hotel were nice. The staff at the front desk of the hotel were wonderful. They adjusted my reservation and helped me with any issues I had and everything was my pleasure. The worst part had to be room service. I called them 5 times and I was constantly put on hold and the phone rang and no one answered. (the front desk staff immediately corrected the issue and offered a discount on my dinner. (the food is extremely overpriced , word if advice bring your own food to eat.)The best part about my visit was the spa.
The spa was absolutely beautiful. The hotel can could learn a few things about hospitality from the spa staff. The moment I walked into the spa it was southern hospitality at it's finest. The ladies at the desk greet you and give you a full tour of the spa, they take you back to the ladies locker room, and at seemed like no matter how busy the attendants were whenever they you needed something they gave you there undivided attention (unlike other places in the hotel where I felt like they were rushing to get me to go away). I had a massage, facial and a pedicure and I was amazed how each staff member greeted me by my name, and trust me it was worth every penny. I had one small issue though (it was my error I mixed up my appointment times.) the staff didn't care though they switched my appointments around and even offered me a discount. They made my trip worth it.

• Stayed December 2010
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

My family and I decided to spend x-mas here and I was very disappointed. The "culinary offerings" on the club level were stale and old. Flies were buzzing about the food even though it was in December. The staff allowed someone to have their dogs with them in their room on the club level - despite several phone calls from me to the front desk! The club level is dark and dingy!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

This is a poorly run hotel. We are veterans of Ritz Carlton properties throughout the southeastern US, and this was by far the worst run Ritz I have ever experienced. The setting was a Christmas week three day getaway for the family, including our two children, ages 5 and 1. Our problem began at reservation/check in. We requested a rollaway bed for our 5 year old. The one year old could sleep with us. While rollaways are not guaranteed at reservation, the property was no more than 50 percent full. We didn't get the rollaway, not because there weren't any, but because rollaways are not allowed in rooms with double beds because of the fire code. That's understandable, but why were we put in a double room? Essentially, we were booked in a room that had no chance of getting a rollaway, when a simple explanation could have allowed us to request a king room. We requested extra towels for my girls - they never came. The extra pillows were only delivered after three requests. There was no working ice machine on my floor, nor on the two surrounding floors. You can self park for free (this changes 1/1/11), but the parking lot is dimly lit, in a construction area, and poorly marked. Get back after dark and there is no way you will make it from the lot to the front desk. We got a solicitation under our door to visit any other Ritz in the SE US using a special code for savings off of that stay as a way for thanking us for visiting - the expiration date on the offer was two days before our arrival. We got a flier on the bed advertising their 2009 spa rates - 2010 had about a week to go when we got there. We requested housekeeping come at 3 pm after our daughter's nap was over. They never came.

The low point was at the spa. Before reservation (talking with the concierge) and again at check in we confirmed the family swim times at the spa. Both times, we were told 3-8 pm. Our first visit to the pool at 4:30 was fine. The next day, at 3:45, we were met by a spa desk worker who said family swim was 5-8. When I mentioned the info we got from the concierge and the front desk, she said we should have checked the website for the times. When my wife mentioned that just the day before we had swum with no problem, the staffer told us we were welcome to use the outside pool. The air temperature at the time of this suggestion was about 58 degrees. So, I'm standing there with my wife and two children, in full swimsuit regalia, and we are ejected from the spa front entrance. I was stunned. I am still stunned. When I made a beeline for the manager, he told me he would try to get an exception. At that point, even if the pool was filled with champagne and attended by dancing girls, there was no way I was going in.

At check out I explained all this to the clerk. He summoned the manager ( the same one from the previous day's spa issue) and he offered 25% off my bill, so there was that. My girls really enjoyed the campfire and smores each night, and the short train ride around the parking lot, and the playground and hammocks, so it wasn't all bad for them. But for me, it was awful.

I did receive an apology email from the spa manager about a week later. It was addressed to a Ms. My first name, and contained a typo. That about sums up our experience at this place.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

My husband and I decided to stay here for our anniversary weekend since it's only an hour from where we live. We couldn't have made a better decision. This was an expensive treat for us that we had to save up for, but it was definitley worth it. Summer is probably one of the best times to come since you can relax around their wonderful pool and the lake.
Since it was the middle of a Georgia summer when we went, their pool was PACKED with people, but they had plenty of lounge chairs and towels for everyone. I loved how they layed the towels out on the chair for us, gave us as many towels as we wanted, and changed out our wet towels for dry ones while we were in the pool. The food at the restaurant by the pool was way overpriced, but the wait staff by the pool was exceptional! They even got in the pool with their clothes on to deliver drinks to people!

The entire hotel staff surprised us all weekend by always knowing our names and knowing it was our anniversary. They surprised us with champagne when we checked in, flower petals on the bed one evening, and they even took care of slicing the top tier of our wedding cake and presenting it to us one night at dinner.
We didn't discover the Spa until our last day and we were disappointed we didn't take advantage of it more. Since we had already checked out of our room, they let us use the beautiful locker rooms in the spa to clean up after laying by the pool all day. All of the spa treatments are expensive, but based on my limited experience in their spa, I wouldn't hesitate to pay the price next time we stay there.
The Lodge on Lake Oconee exceeded our expectations for a relaxing anniversary weekend. We would undoubtedly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation? Share your experiences!