“Always wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Vinings, Georgia, United States
“Always wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stay hear several times a yr. I highly recommend a stay on this property. Beautiful grounds, wonderful spa and the heated lakeside pool is wonderful. Service impeccable. Try the Christmas weekends with ice skating, Santa brunch and gingerbread house.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We spent the weekend at The Ritz Carlton Reynold Plantation due to its short distance from Atlanta, GA. We loved the room, the train ride for kids, the bike path, the infinity pool & literally swimming with fishes in the lake. We loved our stay so much that we returned for another weekend to celebrate my daughter's birthday and the property was so thoughtful in giving us a cake. We will definitely return to celebrate more milestones in this property.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Stayed for a wedding last weekend. Having stayed at other Ritz properties, I found this one to be just ok. While the grounds are beautiful, the rooms are nothing special. The staff was all very nice and helpful. I was on the fourth floor and my roommate and I both smelled a sewage like scent in the hallway, as well as in the forest. Others in our group on the 3rd floor did not notice this. Sunday nights everything is closed in town, as are the two restaurants on property, leaving just the bar for meal choices. Overall vote: probably would not return.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear MarissaKC,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay during the K/W wedding. As this our off season, we do have limited restaurant availability on Sunday nights. That said, in addition to the lobby lounge we also had Linger Longer Steakhouse open as well, service exceptional steaks and seafood. I’m very curious as to why you were not made aware of this availability. As to the smell you incurred during your visit, we had no other complaints before, during or after the wedding, but again I’m curious and very interested in the details. If you wouldn’t mind, I’d greatly appreciate your contacting me at the resort for a conversation.

I’m sorry to hear you won’t return and apologize once again for your experience.

Ralph Vick
Direct line 706-467-7040
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the R-C at Oconee a couple of times for long weekend playing golf and its a magnificent located hotel with all the trimmings and outdoors is great - take a boat trip and enjoy the views from the lake, also lots of great golf courses waiting
Get up early and see the sunrise and you will have a treat of scenery.

Room Tip: get a room that faces Lake Oconee, especially the early morning is magnificent view
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Lutz, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and the accommodations and grounds were beautiful however, the customer service was not to the standard we are used to for a Ritz. They are not all created equal.
First- I tried making Spa reservations on Saturday am for anytime that day and they were totally booked then I tried making dinner reservations at the steakhouse and the only time we could get a table was 9:30 pm. Second, we had big communication problems ordering room service. Apparently, there is only one person working the kitchen after 10:30pm. The front desk had to "radio" the kitchen and have him call us back, only he called the room next door and woke her up... after some back and forth, we did get what we ordered ( well, close enough). Third - plan on waiting 15 minutes to have your car brought around...Lastly- they need to replace the bathroom towels, they are grey, not white..yikes... On the upside, the hotel itself is beautiful. We did have a great lunch down by the water and we enjoyed the gym and wondering around.
Bottom line... customer service was poor.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear fletch020,

Thank you for taking the time to advise me of your recent experience at our resort. I apologize for the number of services lapses you experienced. We had two very large weddings at the resort (as I’m certian you were painfully aware) that significantly impacted our services delivery. No excuses however as it is our sincere commitment not only to meet, but exceed our guests expectations. Please forgive me for failing to deliver on this commitment during your visit.

I have reviewed each one of your issues with my operations team to ensure we put proactive measures in place to avoid this from happening in the future. I hope to have the opportunity to earn your return business so that you might experience the service you have come to expect from our brand. If I can ever be of assistance in helping you to this end, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the resort.

Best regards…

Ralph Vick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

During the holidays my family and I decided to try out this property for a mini getaway, and we were pretty pleased from the beginning. The grounds were well-manicured, and the hotel was nicely adorned with holiday decor.

Even though it was winter, we were super excited that they still offered the amenities that make this property special for families. They had a train for children and parents to take a short ride on the property. They also have a great outdoor play area with swings, hammocks, a playground, and a basketball court. In the evening, they provide complimentary marshmallows to roast on an outdoor fire along with the other ingredients for s'mores.

The property has different dining options, including a more casual option perfect for families. The room was spacious with a nice balcony. The sofa pulled out into a nice, quality twin bed, a nice option for a child. The only minus was that one area of our bathroom wasn't completely clean.

Stayed December 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As with any Ritz, the property was beautiful and situated on a gorgeous lake about 2 hrs away from Atlanta. Lots of activities for the kids such as an ice skating rink, boating, biking, basketball court, etc. These activities were a grand hit w the kids. One suggestion would be for more staff to be available in the boating section. Normally, we needed to call someone which took about 10-15 min. Additionally, the food quality could be better especially considering that savannah is within same state. Good lacked some flavor. Normally I wouldn't care but given that there hardly any options outside of property, it would have been good to have better cuisine available onsite. There was a steak restaurant but when we walked in, an older gentleman at the front of restaurant was so rude to us that we walked out. All in all, beautiful property and not to be missed.

• Stayed December 2014

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation? Share your experiences!