You added The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation to your Saves list
GreenLeadersGold level
Tyler, Texas
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed for a wedding last weekend. Having stayed at other Ritz properties, I found this one to be just ok. While the grounds are beautiful, the rooms are nothing special. The staff was all very nice and helpful. I was on the fourth floor and my roommate and I both smelled a sewage like scent in the hallway, as well as in the forest. Others in our group on the 3rd floor did not notice this. Sunday nights everything is closed in town, as are the two restaurants on property, leaving just the bar for meal choices. Overall vote: probably would not return.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed at the R-C at Oconee a couple of times for long weekend playing golf and its a magnificent located hotel with all the trimmings and outdoors is great - take a boat trip and enjoy the views from the lake, also lots of great golf courses waiting
Get up early and see the sunrise and you will have a treat of scenery.

Room Tip: get a room that faces Lake Oconee, especially the early morning is magnificent view
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Lutz, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and the accommodations and grounds were beautiful however, the customer service was not to the standard we are used to for a Ritz. They are not all created equal.
First- I tried making Spa reservations on Saturday am for anytime that day and they were totally booked then I tried making dinner reservations at the steakhouse and the only time we could get a table was 9:30 pm. Second, we had big communication problems ordering room service. Apparently, there is only one person working the kitchen after 10:30pm. The front desk had to "radio" the kitchen and have him call us back, only he called the room next door and woke her up... after some back and forth, we did get what we ordered ( well, close enough). Third - plan on waiting 15 minutes to have your car brought around...Lastly- they need to replace the bathroom towels, they are grey, not white..yikes... On the upside, the hotel itself is beautiful. We did have a great lunch down by the water and we enjoyed the gym and wondering around.
Bottom line... customer service was poor.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear fletch020,

Thank you for taking the time to advise me of your recent experience at our resort. I apologize for the number of services lapses you experienced. We had two very large weddings at the resort (as I’m certian you were painfully aware) that significantly impacted our services delivery. No excuses however as it is our sincere commitment not only to meet, but exceed our guests expectations. Please forgive me for failing to deliver on this commitment during your visit.

I have reviewed each one of your issues with my operations team to ensure we put proactive measures in place to avoid this from happening in the future. I hope to have the opportunity to earn your return business so that you might experience the service you have come to expect from our brand. If I can ever be of assistance in helping you to this end, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the resort.

Best regards…

Ralph Vick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

During the holidays my family and I decided to try out this property for a mini getaway, and we were pretty pleased from the beginning. The grounds were well-manicured, and the hotel was nicely adorned with holiday decor.

Even though it was winter, we were super excited that they still offered the amenities that make this property special for families. They had a train for children and parents to take a short ride on the property. They also have a great outdoor play area with swings, hammocks, a playground, and a basketball court. In the evening, they provide complimentary marshmallows to roast on an outdoor fire along with the other ingredients for s'mores.

The property has different dining options, including a more casual option perfect for families. The room was spacious with a nice balcony. The sofa pulled out into a nice, quality twin bed, a nice option for a child. The only minus was that one area of our bathroom wasn't completely clean.

Stayed December 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As with any Ritz, the property was beautiful and situated on a gorgeous lake about 2 hrs away from Atlanta. Lots of activities for the kids such as an ice skating rink, boating, biking, basketball court, etc. These activities were a grand hit w the kids. One suggestion would be for more staff to be available in the boating section. Normally, we needed to call someone which took about 10-15 min. Additionally, the food quality could be better especially considering that savannah is within same state. Good lacked some flavor. Normally I wouldn't care but given that there hardly any options outside of property, it would have been good to have better cuisine available onsite. There was a steak restaurant but when we walked in, an older gentleman at the front of restaurant was so rude to us that we walked out. All in all, beautiful property and not to be missed.

• Stayed December 2014
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The resort is beautiful! Glad
We stayed on the club level which was awesome. Regrettably we chose to spend our New Year's Eve dinner at Georgia's- the buffet was terrible and I can't believe we paid $$$$$$ to eat there.
The choices were few and the food was not good.
Can't remember a worse meal. The risotto was tasteless. The fish was fishy . The meat was not so good either. I would never ever chose this restaurant to celebrate a special event.
Not sure how their regular food is but afraid to return. Really regret making plans to eat here - it was a huge dissappointment for a celebration at the ritz. Seriously $85 per person when the majority of the buffet consisted of cold cuts and cheese? We could have gone to Publix or stayed on the club level to eat cold cuts. Will never ever eat Georgia's again!
Felt like telling people in line to go elsewhere while they still could.

Stayed January 2015
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I have been visiting the Ritz at Reynolds Plantation since they opened 12 years ago. It is a short drive for us and therefore a no brainer when we want a quick getaway without kids, girls or guys weekends or even long weekends with the kids over the holidays. We always left feeling pampered, relaxed and rejuvenated in typical Ritz style… until this past visit. The Lodge is beautiful and the renovation of the standard rooms last year was definitely needed. In addition to renovating the rooms though, they should have splurged on some new towels and bathmats which look as old as the hotel. You can't help but think how often they've been used - GROSS! It really was the lack of service that made us feel like we were at their partner Marriott and not the Ritz.
Housekeeping missed turndown the first night, ok no big deal. But then the next two mornings our rooms weren't made up until we went back to rest for dinner. We had to request for them to be done. After ice skating and being out all day with the kids, all we wanted to do was rest, shower and get ready for dinner. Not kill time while they made up the room.
Every morning we were greeted in the halls by cart after cart after cart… there were dozens of them and it was like playing dodgeball. OK great, if they were actually going to go in the rooms and use them but the carts just sat there ALL day (literally they were out ALL day) but the rooms were not made up til dinner so why leave the carts in the hall? What an eyesore in the beautiful hotel. People's leftover in-room dining also just sat in the halls for hours. Look out kids - don't step in the food! For such a pretty hotel, I don't know why this is the impression they want guests to have as we are walking down the hall.
We had set a wake up call one morning and never got it - thank goodness for an early rising child! No one thing is a major complaint, just not the Ritz service we have grown accustomed to over the years. We certainly hope that this property can get it's service standards back up to where it belongs.
The restaurants are fine if you are planning to stay for a night maybe two max. Linger Longer is the best option of the 3. Service at all 3 restaurants is friendly and warm, though extremely slow at Gaby's by the Lake. Some variety on the menu at Gaby's & Georgia's (dinner) would be nice too.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Caren M,

Thank you for your recent response, I appreciate your loyalty to our resort and apologize for your experience during your recent visit. We are aware that we have issues with our current laundry operation and the conditioning of our terry and have corrective measures in place. I will also discuss alternative options with our housekeeping department with regard to cart placement in the corridors, but due to the narrowness of our guest corridors this is indeed a significant challenge. Wake up calls are important and again I apologize that we missed yours, that is a very rare event for us.

Since you mentioned your appreciation for our recent room renovation, I would like to share with you that we are in the process of renovating all of our meeting space, spa and will be replacing and expanding our pool deck area. All of this will be done by March so I look forward to having you back again soon to enjoy the continued improvements to Atlanta’s favorite getaway….Lake Oconee.

Thanks again for your comments and if I can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me at the resort. My direct line is 706-467-7040.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Ralph Vick

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation? Share your experiences!