You added The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation to your Saves list
GreenLeadersGold level
Durham, North Carolina
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed in a club level room for 2 nights and could not have been more happy with our decision! The location and layout of the hotel and amenities is beautiful, and the friendliness and service provided by the staff simply added to our experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this resort, the staff, the location, and the entire experience. My family absolutely loves the ladies in the club level lounge. Huge hugs to Joann, Shirley and Linda! Those ladies define customer experience management and they remember the Shea family year after year which always makes us feel wonderful when we are greeted with big hugs and wonderful smiles.

Chef Jon at Gaby's was a complete professional and he personally introduced himself to my family and helped with preparing gluten free meals each and everyday for my wife and mother-in-law. Emily at the Linger Longer took such great care of us on our date night out while the kids stayed in the room with the grandparents and watched movies. You could also see the pride Emily has for the resort and for her career at the hotel as she was to be newly promoted. We wish her much success.

One last thank you... To Ralph and Rhonda for always taking my calls/or emails prior to arrival and for making us feel so welcome.

**some advice to those reading the review: Stop reading and start booking your trip, you will love it ***

Room Tip: book a club level room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This place is amazing. We stayed for a work event for 5 nights. It is an absolutely beautiful resort set with the pool overlooking the lake. The service was great. The spa was top notch and made it a very special and relaxing day for us. The rooms are so nice as well. We just felt this resort was above and beyond if you are looking for a nice and relaxing get away. The onsite restaurant is great too.

Green Features: The surrounding neighborhood has trails for walking, running or biking. It is so well worth the trip. The surrounding golf courses are amazing as well.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the RitzCarlton Suite on the Club Level and service was amazing. One hiccup but it was fixed with ease and no interruption to an incredible weekend for me and my sisters. The ladies in the Club Lounge are spectacular. They go above and beyond! I watched them as mom after mom would ask for something special for their child and they made it happen each time. The spa was incredible. The preggo massage/facial was great for my sister and my other sis and I enjoyed the regular ones and of course mani/pedis. The weather was perfect for siting on balcony overlooking lake. Perfect trip with great customer service....bellman, valet, housekeeping.... waiters...all wonderful! Thanks for a great weekend as always

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed here for a wedding and it was a wonderful experience. The entire staff was very accommodating, professional, and had that southern charm, which as a New Yorker, was delightful.
I didn't get a chance to try out all of the amenities, but the lake and pool were just gorgeous. I loved all the pines and landscaping, we took some great walks.
The food was very good, with many options. The cocktail menu was especially delicious.
The room was quite comfortable and well appointed - very cozy robes.

Room Tip: Lake view a must. But they host a lot of events, so could be a little noisy if you're ground lev...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Cornelia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

One of the best times we've had
Staff is at our beck and call
On club level. You have access to all day food and drinks
Suites are beautiful and balconies views are great
Lots of choices of things to do on this beautiful property

• Stayed August 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at this beautiful property this past weekend and were expecting the usual Ritz standards that we've had at others. However, it started with us not being able to check in early. I had been told that early check in was not guaranteed however they noted what time we would be arriving when I called the front desk the day prior and also to have a fridge placed in our room, neither of which happened. When we finally did arrive in our room, we noticed that half our towels had stains on them. When I called to have more towels brought up to replace those, those towels also had stains and not small ones. This was not what we were expecting at a 5 star property. We did use the fitness center which was very nice and enjoyed the pool and other amenities. We on going back again, I think they just need a few updates in their rooms to make you feel as if you truly are staying in a Ritz Carlton.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a lake view room, the view is gorgeous.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear georgiabethe,

First of all, let me just say I love your TA handle, georgiabethe! My favorite state in the entire country!: )

Thanks for your response and let me apologize for your check-in delay. Not to make any excuses, but when we are sold out, especially on Saturdays, our departing guest have a habit of "lingering longer". This can make it very challenging to honor those that wish to come in early to enjoy our beautiful resort. As to the linen issues, I'll discuss with my leadership immediately for correction, thank you for letting me know.

We look forward to welcoming you back, please don't hesitate to call my office personally when you decide to return and I will do my best to honor that early check-in request!

Best regards,

Ralph Vick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensboro
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
3.0 of 5 stars 42 reviews
Cuscowilla Golf Resort on Lake
No photo provided
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milledgeville

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation? Share your experiences!