I was a bit disappointed. Not so disappointed I would never return...but I definitely won't be rushing back. The rooms were very mediocre. We were even staying on the club level..and it just felt dated. It was clean...but dated.... and didn't feel "luxury".
I visited over Labor Day weekend and it was just way too crowded! Kids everywhere! (I have two young kids of my own---so I like kids....but too crowded! You absolutely could not find a pool chair. (I had to sit on a rock wall near the pool in order to watch my kids.) The pool was a safety hazard. It was so crowded (with no lifeguard) that you couldn't reach your arm out without touching the person near you. (Not exactly what you picture when you think of a Ritz-Carlton).
You had to drive to play tennis.
Staff was hit or miss. (Some were great, some not so great)
My kids loved the kids club and all the other kid related activities.
The club level had nice food presentations and were accommodating to my child's food allergy. (I was, however, disappointed when we were told one night that we were not able to order room service --a mere sandwich--to the club. At the time, there were no guests in the club and all property restaurants were fully booked for the evening. It was ridiculous. I couldn't believe the hotel was turning down an opportunity to make more money! And...I did not think that was Ritz level --particularly "club" service.
Overall, it was nice. I'd go back--maybe. Probably only b/c of it's close proximity to my home. (1 hour drive). Not worth a trip from out of state for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton Lodge offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton