Ok, after our two night stay over Labor day weekend, I can honestly say, I can't imagine we would go back. Its not that it was awful the grounds are amazing....but this place in general is WAY over priced! And I, am no cheap girl, but when I spend money I want to go oh yea, that was worth it! You will not feel that way here.
We stayed in room 569....club level, lake view....but you can't see the lake from the room (see the pics). That was my issue to start. When paying $799 plus occ tax and sales tax then parking....so $ 914.88 per night....before we ate or went on a jet ski....I was expecting amazing. I got so so at best.
We are room people, and the room was average. But fine....I went to turn the TV on but it did not work, they did fix it with in a few hours and gave us free movies to make up for it, so I was happy.
Then I decide to shower for dinner.....and the water cuts off 1/2 way through my shower. So there I am, shampoo in my hair and we have dinner reservations. Needless to say finishing my shower in the sink was not ok at all.
I go to call the front desk to complain.....the phone did not work!!! They did fix the water about an hour later, and did fix the phone a few hours later, but with out so much as an I'm sorry and here is what we are crediting your bill for the sub- par accommodations!?! At the Ritz?? Really??
So we figured we would just go enjoy the pool.....except there were 800 kids running around screaming like crazy....and did I mention, there is no where to sit at the pool and no adult outdoor areas.
The best thing there were the Jet ski's, that was super fun, however, we could only rent one the first day we were there.....they were completely booked the next 2 days. But we really had fun seeing the area via water.
Steakhouse was good, not great, but a nice evening. Bistro was so loud! Kids everywhere, it was romper room for sure! They had blow ups for the kids in the ballrooms and tons of activities for them. But we were looking for a relaxing couple trip. And this is just not the spot for that.
The Club level lounge did not even serve a full breakfast....its like a holiday inn breakfast buffet with bagels and dry oatmeal....but hey, you can get a free soda for your extra $300 a night? Never again. Never.
Spa was by far the best part of the trip. No kids, just us. We had the couples massages and pedicures. It was lovely. My lady even gave me my toe nail polish incase I chipped it! Loved that.
I hear sea island is nice for couples, we will be trying that next time.
I'm honestly disappointed with this property but still glad that we went because I would have always thought this was a much nicer spot than it is. At least now, I know we are not missing anything. Overall we spent $3500 to go on a jet ski....for an hour and eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton Lodge offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton