Really great property and (with one exception) outstanding service. Who knew middle Georgia could be so beautiful? I spent two days and nights here for work function. Many people have mentioned there were lots of children over the summer, but with most schools in Georgia starting over the past couple of weeks, it was generally quiet with a handful of pre-schoolers.
Outstanding setting on Lake Oconee; nice infinity pool and hammocks around the property
Beautiful finishes, decor, quality construction as one would expect at a Ritz
Comfortable beds, Frette linens, luxurious bathroom
For the most part, warm, friendly service
Spa looked lovely (however, pricey) but I did not indulge
Hotel was difficult to navigate -- had to walk long distances through what felt like a maze
Rather dark interior in the public spaces
Food was good, not great (however, creme of onion soup was out of this world and the scallops entree at Gaby's was outstanding).
Fitness room was missing some key things like balance balls, floor mats, and TVs in front of the treadmills. Seems more geared to men in general.
The only bad:
Service poor on the luggage: left bags with bell captain upon arrival; checked in many hours later and was told bags would be delivered to room. An hour later, no bags. Called bell captain to nudge and was told they would get "right on it"; 30 minutes later, still no bags. I needed to change for dinner, so I went an retrieved them myself. Again was offered for them to be delivered, but I insisted on taking them myself and let them know I'd been waiting for 90 minutes. No apology provided? Wow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton Lodge offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton