“Didn't want to leave!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Resort Credit Daily
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersGold level
“Didn't want to leave!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Our most recent stay at the Ritz was amazing. We used a club level upgrade and had a great top floor room overlooking the lake. The hotel recently went through a complete overhaul so the rooms and bathrooms were fresh and updated.

The club level amenities are great; food and beverage service from morning until night. They label it as a snack but the presentations, especially in the afternoon are more than enough for lunch. The staff in the lounge make all the difference. They went out if their way to accommodate us and our young son.

We had an outstanding time and I can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed May 2013

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Can't say enough great things about this hotel. We stayed there for 2 nights during the Lake Oconnee Triathlon and were delighted with our experience. We traveled with our 3 year old daughter, and she had a blast--pool, beach, complimentary s'mores by the firepit, Linger Longer Train, the big swing, the list goes on. Can't wait until she's old enough to participate in Ritz Kids.. For me, the spa was the highlight: pool, whirl pool, cold plunge pool, and a massage to die for by Dee--just what the doctor ordered after a tough race. Food/drinks at Gaby's is good, not great, but the Mother's Day brunch at Linger Longer was out of this world. Being greeted with a pink rose and the child-friendly buffet options (and height!) were great touches. Loved that our daughter ate for free, especially since brunch is $70/head per adult plus $12 mimosas..

This resort is perfect for any occasion from family trips, girls' weekends, romantic holiday, etc. I would absolutely stay here again. The grounds are gorgeous, the rooms are generously sized and the bed is heavenly (also loved that the arm chair turned into a twin hideabed). Since it's a short drive (< 90 minutes from Atlanta, where we live), we'll be back again soon.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

In general I'm not a huge fan of the Ritz chain, but this one was fabulous. Very casual, but nice lodge feel. Right on the lake, kayaks, paddle boards, campfire with s'mores every night.
Restaurant by pool - amazing! Great food, breakfast & lunch were reasonably priced.
I did not want to leave, I felt like I was at summer camp... A very upscale camp.

This Ritz Carlton did not have the stuffy, formal, decorated like a grandma's mansion vibe that you can sometimes find at the Ritz. Nope, this one is wonderful.

I did a spa day there. The massage wasn't great, but the spa was perfect, so it was a good experience nonetheless. I highly recommend ordering the spa breakfast or lunch & eating it there.

• Stayed April 2013
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This past weekend my parents and my in-laws joined my husband and I for a Mother's Day celebration stay and everything could have not been more perfect! Both of our parents live in Atlanta, so it's a quick easy drive for everyone. LaToya at the front desk was amazing with special requests for room types and Jan and Marcia at the concierge desk were so cheerful and helpful.

It's been about 2 years since we've been back and all of the renovations and unique additions throughout the hotel are just perfect. We enjoyed Gaby's, Georgia's and Linger Longer and everyone in our family could not stop talking about how wonderful the food was and how amazing the service was. If you enjoy dinner at Linger Longer Steakhouse make sure you ask for Matt McCabe to be your server...he truly made our dinner experience personable and memorable for the entire table!

Thank you for such a memorable and special weekend, my mother-in-law even had tears in her eyes as she was getting in the car to leave, as she felt the stay was absolutely perfect!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were invited here for a business conference. The setting right on Lake Oconee was lovely! Unfortunately our weather was not good. The rooms were a little small but really fine with a nice balcony overlooking the lake. The food and service were both excellent! Dinners for two hundred can be difficult but not here! Room service breakfast of cinnamon pecan waffles was to die for!! I would go back just for them! Spa was super. Dee gave me one of the best massages I've ever had. Indoor pool has a fireplace at the end by the hot tub. Very cool! All in all agreat place which would be even better in great weather!

Room Tip: Cabins lakeside are great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I had this place at the top of our favorites as far as a getaway place to go. The property is beautiful and all of our experiences up to this point were superior! However, after our recent visit and me becoming violently ill just after consuming food on the property. We were told that the property couldn't do anything nor were they even apologetic because I didn't submit a stool sample to prove it was their food that caused the sickness. They never asked for one or said that they would need that or I would have been happy to provide one as it was clear that 30 min- 1 hour after consuming what I did, I become extremely ill and was stuck in the restroom for an entire day before starting to feel well again. I'm so disappointed in the way the situation was handled and expected so much more from the Ritz. Things like this happen but it's all in the way that it's handled that makes the difference for me.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a beautiful place! My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful, romantic long weekend at this resort. The setting is lovely, the accommodations are very nice, and the staff is very professional and accommodating. I highly recommend this resort, and look forward to returning !

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake! Beautiful views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation? Share your experiences!